Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2001, 03:47 PM   #51
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Bilqis, really, just use your imagination.

BK

PS, I think Ch5 is done.
________
Medical marijuana card

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-03-2001, 03:48 PM   #52
Moiraine
Anubis

Wolfie,
Happy birthday !!!

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 03:49 PM   #53
Gray Mage
Banned User

BK: no graham crackers?!?

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-03-2001, 03:51 PM   #54
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

GM: Pretty Crummy Suggession.

________
Slingshot

Last edited by Black Knight; 03-21-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-03-2001, 03:55 PM   #55
Gray Mage
Banned User

ROTFL...HaHa

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-03-2001, 03:57 PM   #56
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

BK:

How about chocolate chips? *yummy*

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-03-2001, 04:07 PM   #57
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Wolfgir - Happy Birthday! I didn't know! I will howl with you this day! OOOOOWWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHOOOHHHHHOOOOOO!!!

BK - my my my. Now I am really curious.

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 04:15 PM   #58
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

You're all wonderful. I came here to get a little perspective back and find the joy again! Wolfie- mea culpa, I knew it was your birthday! Celebrate! And um, maybe tell us a story...but uh, don't use that translating program of Sir Tainly's...I can't afford to laugh THAT hard, I've only had a few hours sleep!

BK....oh my....uh, flufernutters...uhm, the kleenex???!! eeef! LOL (smooch, you're a dear!)....KLEENEX? HAHAHAHAHA....sigh, that's better...lol

Gray Mage: Thank you. It's just hard not being there. I know I've talked about the newsgroup split (old board, el_kalk's thread on splitting off topic stuff) and how some of us formed a private list (cats were the unifying factor, but it is far more than that after 4 yrs!).

Apologies for length, GM, but you asked! (grin)

Moridin mentioned this as a potential place for a support group and that is what my list is to me already. We have been through almost everything imaginable together. Loss after loss of pets, family deaths, laid off of jobs, spousal abuse, divorce, muggings and more. Even the death of one of our own, and because we all cared so much, a few got in touch and found out the horrible news he'd died under "suspicious circumstances" and two of the group rescued his cats from the house that was up for auction. One still has them and cares for them as if they were always her own. And the joys- marriages, births, milestone birthdays, travels, new homes, feeding the birds, new pets, new loves,sharing pictures, jokes and songs, finding a child given up after a spouses ex took her away years ago, discovering new talents and strengths, developing our computing skills, offering help and advice and solutions. And the occasional get-togethers with each other for long conversations, wine and swapping of photos and jokes. A few are even employed by others in the group now! It is a truly amazing place to be because we all work at it so hard. We've had new arrivals and some departures. All the departures have returned at this point!

We've helped each other out emotionally and even financially. Several of us have gone out of our way to be available for visits or phone calls and I number among them. Although, I'll admit, I'm not much for the 2am calls and had to say so! We are all over the world- mainly across the states, but also Canada, Singapore, New Zealand and a few expat English in the states. Ginger has been a friend since the old days on the newsgroup- heck, I was giving her advice and being a sounding board before she got married!

I won't go into her personal affairs more than I did farther up, but she's had a rough few months and losing her favorite kitty so suddenly was bad (he collapsed this morning and was dead hours later- she's home alone, her husband is in classes while out of work). I was here in the forum, but checked my email and another close friend, Arlene, (she teaches psychology at another campus of the State Univ I work for) had sent me a privately coded (topic line to get attn when you know the person is skimming or lurking and slashing mail) message. It was the news that Ginger's kitty lost the battle at the vets and she needed me to talk to her. Arlene knew I was online and called Ginger to keep her occupied and offer solace. Then it was my turn and I had been re-living my last two losses. One was so much like hers...sniffle. That special bond with the pet that just defies explanation. I was already way past the two kleenex stage when I dialed Ginger up and she was ON the phone, because I don't think the first ring finished!

Anyway, it was draining and I needed a little lighter fare. Didn't get my multi game in this week for all sorts of reasons, so I came to read posts here.
Then wasn't in usual form (sorry Memny!) and felt I owed a little explanation...then ended up letting you, Gray Mage, talk me into this lengthty tome! Ok, somebody say it- it's not hard to get me to babble!
Hey, can I have extra xp for the LENGTH! I could have pink stars by now if I weren't doing my shoulder to cry on thing!

Waiting for pics, GM! Did you get mine?

CB, who didn't proof this monster...uh sorry! um, couldn't stand it, fixed two things...may have missed others!

------------------
Storm-Queen -aka The Purple Rose of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-03-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 04:15 PM   #59
Hesperex

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOLGIR

------------------

Old 03-03-2001, 04:18 PM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Tobbin, sorry I missed it earlier, thanks for the hugs and kind words.
And uh, hmmm everyone...this is going to turn into the BK and Cloudy cooking hour? HAHAHA

You are okay people!

CB