Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 07:20 AM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I finally managed to get the door open to Auril's Altar in Chapter 2. I know there is supposed to be some kind of battle with Auril and I'm supposed to pick an option called Caged Fury. I have tried all of my party members, individually, and I am not getting that option. All I get is something that says when I'm ready come back.

Have I not completed something that needs to be done. I've talked to Nickademus, do I need to go back and talk to him again? I've cleaned up the place except for the places I can't get into.

There is also another door with a tree branch on it that I can't figure out how to open. Do you open this with the prism?

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #2
Callum Kerr
Drizzt Do'Urden

OK... you can either go back to Nickademus and ask him for help... (but I think that only works if he has not already helped you... you can also go and talk to the genie on the higher level... or the leader of the white abishaii... (heal up first)... wichever you choose will tell you the real name of the spirit in the altar... and you can then choose the option that says "I banish you"... or something like that...

There is no battle with auril... just this whirlwind that comes out... damages you... and then bvanishes...

You have to teleport into the room with the tree in the door... if i remember correctly...

Edit: Teleport in using the picture... i forget which word...

[ 02-04-2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: Callum Kerr ]
[img]\"http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwARAyMWqyivmPQQNWY0hVVRv3oUvlvq5uMcEd3!RZut55dm8 emNqpdvpE7IkB0Cpa1ykaC4MbaPQTDKfXyfz!1y5xDqyJez01d EkyCZjmc/Callum.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Puff the magic dragon!
Callum Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
Edit: Teleport in using the picture... i forget which word...
Minor spoiler
It's the option starting with: "In Auril's name, from winter's veil..." or something similar.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

You need someone with a high intelligence stat to talk to the head white abishai to learn the name "Caged Fury". Unfortunately, I don't know how high that needs to be, though if you have a wizard in the group, that person is likely to have enough int to recognize the name. If you don't have a wizard, look through the whole party and choose the smartest character you have.

Nightowl2

P.S. There's a genie in a room near the stairs down. He can tell you about Caged Fury, as well, provided you didn't kill the Aurilites who were running away from you.
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote