Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
Fror Ironhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yikes! I am looking for the Ring of Gaxx....I know where to find all the body parts, but the door of the lich under the temple district won't open. Am I missing a key or something? Or did I just hit a glitch in the game? Has anyone else had any problems opening that door?
Old 11-03-2003, 12:31 PM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Maybe looking in the Docks district will help? Try opening the doors to even the innocuous-looking houses.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:50 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

first things first:
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] WELCOME TO [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] IRONWORKS [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

Which door in the sewers are you trying to open?
The one that leads to the lich is connected to a quest and you will get the key in the course of that quest.
If you're talking about another door in the first sewer area however, the thing you're looking for is the "Sewer Key" which will be dropped by someone you should know from BG1 on a completely different location. This door however does NOT lead to the lich.

[ 11-03-2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]
Old 11-03-2003, 03:04 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I believe Faceman already got it, but let me spell things out a little more:
1st Level below Temple District: Temple District Sewers. Exits include passages to the NE and SE (which take you back up to ground level), two secret doorways to the north (one of which requires a certain key, and one which can be opened just by pushing), and a passage to the NW. This northwest passage will be closed to you until you have accepted a certain quest.

Following this northwest passge takes you to the 2nd Level below Temple District. In this level you will find a locked door, and also someone who holds the key to that locked door. Behind the door is your Lich.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:04 PM   #5
Fror Ironhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
1st Level below Temple District: Temple District Sewers. Exits include passages to the NE and SE (which take you back up to ground level), two secret doorways to the north (one of which requires a certain key, and one which can be opened just by pushing), and a passage to the NW. This northwest passage will be closed to you until you have accepted a certain quest.

Following this northwest passge takes you to the 2nd Level below Temple District. In this level you will find a locked door, and also someone who holds the key to that locked door. Behind the door is your Lich.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:05 PM   #6
Fror Ironhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

OOPPS! Sorry I am a newbie here! LOL
Yeah, the door I am talking about is the door on your way to the Cult of the Unseeing Eye. I heard that is where I can find the last body part for whats his face....Now..I am going to have to get a quest to go behind that door? Bummer.....Anyone know what the quest is and how to go about getting it?
-FI
Old 11-03-2003, 04:05 PM   #7
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

lmao

Welcome to Ironworks Fror
Old 11-03-2003, 04:08 PM   #8
Fror Ironhelm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
lmao

Welcome to Ironworks Fror
Thanx
Old 11-03-2003, 04:09 PM   #9
Faceman
Hathor

Well, if you're in you already got the Unseeying Eye quest. Just explore the rest of the area a bit and you'll get the key, I promise
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
It's on someone named Gaal. And if you're nice he might even give it to you willingly
Old 11-03-2003, 05:16 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
Well, if you're in you already got the Unseeying Eye quest. Just explore the rest of the area a bit and you'll get the key, I promise
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
It's on someone named Gaal. And if you're nice he might even give it to you willingly
This is also a spoiler add-on to Faceman's comment: Don't just be nice to him, also go along with him, but keep in mind that you want to keep your eyes also [img]smile.gif[/img]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote