Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2003, 09:45 PM   #1
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Ok, I tried looking it up on the web like it was so "kindly" (sarcasm there) suggested to me by a poster on a news group, but I can't find the answer. Someone sent me a file in ".ogm" format, but I can't find out what it is and how to either convert it to a format that Windows Media Player to QuickTime player can view or find a player that can play this format. Anyone out there able to help?
Thanks,
And thanks for being polite, this is one of the few places I can post a question and not have to deal with people being condiscending (sp?, need to download that spell checker from Willow) back.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

These are *.OGM files. In the future if one is on the Internet and has questions then the place to go is www.google.com and search for answers there. Google is the "Library" of the Internet and it has all answers.
So for example if you had no idea what a *.ogm file is you go to google and
search for "ogm files" and commence reading. Yes reading. Get a bit of gumption people and use the Web instead of requesting answers from humans. You all have computers if your reading this so use the tool for what it is. Honestly, asking questions like "What kind of format is this" is like owning a car and asking people to push you around everywhere to get where your going. Read...you'll be surprised what you can discover.

*runs away*
If anyone thinks I'm being rude, check out p.6 of the latest Cafe to get the joke.

And, Harley I did try the suggested method. I came up with this. Not very helpful if you ask me. It is a video file.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

maybe this can help you.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
These are *.OGM files. In the future if one is on the Internet and has questions then the place to go is www.google.com and search for answers there. Google is the "Library" of the Internet and it has all answers.
So for example if you had no idea what a *.ogm file is you go to google and
search for "ogm files" and commence reading. Yes reading. Get a bit of gumption people and use the Web instead of requesting answers from humans. You all have computers if your reading this so use the tool for what it is. Honestly, asking questions like "What kind of format is this" is like owning a car and asking people to push you around everywhere to get where your going. Read...you'll be surprised what you can discover.

*runs away*
If anyone thinks I'm being rude, check out p.6 of the latest Cafe to get the joke.

And, Harley I did try the suggested method. I came up with this."]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22ogm+files%22]this[/url].[/url] Not very helpful if you ask me. It is a video file.
You know, I was thinking, "Gee, TL's being pretty mean" but then caught on by the second sentence. The willow stick for you [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]