Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2001, 12:14 PM   #11
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

A golden retriever is a good canine.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-01-2001, 02:05 PM   #12
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Wolfs are great. My "dog" is 1/2 wolf and 1/2 Akita. We had it since it was a puppy and I've never had a more loyal, more intelligent animal as a pet.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-01-2001, 03:20 PM   #13
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
I hear the Checkozlovikan Wolf Dog is THE pet to have. Realitivly new to the world I think it was breeded in the 1950's. Its a mix of German Shepard and some sort of wolf. Its sounds cool. I wouldnt mind have one.

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way to....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Old 09-01-2001, 03:32 PM   #14
Moni

I had an Alaskan Malamut, another half-wolf breed.
Excellent pets, great with kids and other animals.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-01-2001, 03:44 PM   #15
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Wolves are some of natures greatest and most beautiful creatures, I love them, maybe I should change my nick to some thing more "wolfish".
Old 09-01-2001, 04:15 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Unfortunetly I have seen a wolf before. I say that as a bad thing because soon after I met the wolf it was put down. My ex-stepfather had one as a pet when I was living in America but becuase state laws forbid wolves being kept as pets it had to be put down One of the saddest moments of my life as they are such beautiful creatures

WHAT! The one I saw was the pet of an old hippy. Are differring state laws different regarding this? Ahh. Maybe it was a crossbreed then. Sure had me fooled if it wasn't a pure blood.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-01-2001, 04:54 PM   #17
Djinn Raffo
Ra

This one time...sorry had to do it...i was treeplanting in northern alberta...way north, way way north, right near border to NWT. Anyways i was with my partner and we were getting close to the treeline of the clearcut. We always see bears and moose (cougar once) so are heads are usually up for wildlife encounters.
But this time we looked up and saw three wolves checking us out from the treeline...and we could hear more bustling around in the shadows deeper into the bush.
Me and my partner were just like: "ok, lets get the f out of here!"
we hightailed it back to the cache where our ever so diligent foreman had this to say:
"well we gotta get these trees in the ground! Back to work!" The Overlord speaketh.
Luckily we didnt see em again. As cool as it was to see them...when the only way in and out of the area is by helicopter and the closest hospital is several hundred kilometers away, i can do without getting ravaged by a pack of wolves.
But man what a sight...looking up and getting the evil eye by three of three of them...scary but cool.
Old 09-01-2001, 10:25 PM   #18
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Djinn, the liklihood of your getting attacked by wolves at any time is remote: in summer it is so unlikely that you could have stayed and had a chat with them!
Wild animals are not harmless, of course, and you need to be cautious, and exercise common sense, but so long as they are not starving wolves are not a threat to humans.

------------------

Old 09-01-2001, 10:41 PM   #19
Moni

Djinn!
I would have given my left arm to trade places with you that day!
Fljotsdale is right, the chances of them attacking are pretty remote.
They were probably wondering what the hell you thought you were doing in their territory and giving you the evil eye to let you know you had crossed your boundary where they were concerned, but as that you and your partner were not actually wolves, my bet would be that you were safe. Still, though if your instincts told you to get away you might have been facing some confrontation with them had you approached them or faced them off rather than run (more likely with a cougar than a wolf since cats use the stare as a show of superiority) but since you went back into their territory to continue planting and they did not hunt you down and eat you, they were probably satisfied to know that you were afraid of them and knew you would leave eventually.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-02-2001, 05:28 AM   #20
Djinn Raffo
Ra

lol its true! Hey guys!
i was scared.
Hey try telling me that when the pack is staring me down!
Ive had nearly hundreds of bear encounters...so i know the sitch when dealing with the unknown wildlife. Im in there territory and like most all animals they are curious. But i was still scared...
and i do count that encounter as well all my wildlife encounters as some of the more interesting of my experiences...

[This message has been edited by Djinn Raffo (edited 09-02-2001).]