Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 03:52 PM   #31
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
It's kinda ironic to hear you say that Germans don't think they are the superior race. That's what WWII was about, right? Exterminating the inferior Jews to purify the world? I'm trying to make a point by saying that. I know that's in the past and this generation had nothing to do with it, but me making that statement is as valid a stereotype as the one being pinned on us Americans here. How about this. Let's not cast any blanket statements on entire countries. Let's not even hint that Americans in general might think they are better then everybody else, because I assure you that is just as unfair as me assuming all Germans are Nazi white supremacists.

I know you weren't judging any of us Americans individually, but I take it as if you were judging me personally when you stereotype my country. Blanket stereotypes in general aren't fair and they plant seeds of ignorance in the people who read them. National pride is something that is not entirely dead in America. While I might not agree with everything our government does, I am still proud to live here. Let's not mistake pride with arrogance.
I might add that WWII was 60 years ago which means that my grandparents were children at the time. Germany has really recovered from WWII, some parts more than others. The city I live in has a reputation of being left-wing. When a nationalist party (there unfortunately still are some ) started a demonstration here, there were ten times as many people in the demo AGAINST that - several thousand, I believe. The police had to protect the nationalists! I agree that I phrased that badly, I do not mean that Americans think that they are better than everybody else, but... hmm... can't find the words... I give up, I can't figure out how to say this!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 04:13 PM   #32
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Thank you for putting everything in perspective by pointing out when WWII was. Somehow that makes German actions more tolerable. Sorry for being sarcastic, I full realised when WWII was when I made the comment. That is why I also said I realise that it was not your generation that committed the atrocity. When doesn't matter. It's the principle of the thing I was talking about. If time were relevent people wouldn't have been saying anything negative from the get go because the Indian massacres were HUNDREDS of years ago, not 60.

It's not worth going around and around. Seriously Kaz, it's all good. I kinda think I know what you are saying. I realize that you personally aren't a bigot and I have no problems with you. From my standpoint this whole thing wasn't necessarily about your earlier post, it is about something that pops up here from time to time and really bothers me. When I originally posted Kaz, I was more upset by Rikards post then I was yours. I think you though I was replying to your post.

Regardless, we are all friends here and if you all agree to not judge or stereotype me by where I live, I promise to return the courtesy to you.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 04:17 PM   #33
Kaz

Quote:
Thank you for putting everything in perspective by pointing out when WWII was. Somehow that makes German actions more tolerable. Sorry for being sarcastic, I full realised when WWII was when I made the comment. That is why I also said I realise that it was not your generation that committed the atrocity. When doesn't matter. It's the principle of the thing I was talking about. If time were relevent people wouldn't have been saying anything negative from the get go because the Indian massacres were HUNDREDS of years ago, not 60.

It's not worth going around and around. Seriously Kaz, it's all good. I kinda think I know what you are saying. I realize that you personally aren't a bigot and I have no problems with you. From my standpoint this whole thing wasn't necessarily about your earlier post, it is about something that pops up here from time to time and really bothers me. When I originally posted Kaz, I was more upset by Rikards post then I was yours. I think you though I was replying to your post.

Regardless, we are all friends here and if you all agree to not judge or stereotype me by where I live, I promise to return the courtesy to you.
Thank you for clearing that up. I thought you were replying to my post because you'd quoted it in you reply. I got a little defensive . Well now that that's been cleared up, we can all be friends

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #34
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

In my initial post I quoted nobody. It was only after you replied to me (thinking I was talking to you) that I quoted you. I kinda got a little defensive at that point as well. My apologies. Yes let's all be friends.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 04:30 PM   #35
Kaz

Quote:
In my initial post I quoted nobody. It was only after you replied to me (thinking I was talking to you) that I quoted you. I kinda got a little defensive at that point as well. My apologies. Yes let's all be friends.

No handshake smilie? No peace smilie? I'm disappointed

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 04:35 PM   #36
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
No handshake smilie? No peace smilie? I'm disappointed

LOL

I usually never even use smilies, so be greatful for what you get!!!

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 04:38 PM   #37
Kaz

Another misunderstanding. What I meant was that I was disappointed that the forum has no handshake or peace smilies that I could use.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 04:41 PM   #38
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

no, my little hippie guy is doing the peace thing, it's just real small.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 04:42 PM   #39
Kaz

BTW Moridin (just saw your post), I lived in the US for six years and what I meant is that Americans (those I know) have more national pride than Germans (those I know, again). Couldn't find the right words. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 05:24 PM   #40
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Oh, why didn't you say that from the begining? Now, what we should do is obvious, right? Let's continue this method, since it is such a great one. Let's expand the US into Canada and Mexico. If the Canadians and Mexicans object, we'll treat'em like we did the Indians. Yea. After all, the ends clearly justify the means. Who cares if we have to wipe out millions of people, hell, so long as the government comes out even stronger in the end.

No need to do that, we are already the most powerful

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked at the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way to....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas