Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2004, 12:14 AM   #1
steveum
Dungeon Master

So I have decided to work on my marksman ship with throwingknives,stars and a stolen steel crossbow. So my question is After finding a daedric Bow in some shrine round geinis where can i get more daedric/glass basically any kind of cool arrows or bolts? ? ?

Is there a shop that sells these and/or What should i enchant my new bow with?

(NOTE)this is to kill that sped cliff races befor they see me from crossed the screen?(shoot first ask questions later)
Old 05-08-2004, 02:00 AM   #2
Oruboris

If you want to train a skill like marksmanship, DON'T use the best equipment you can: You get credit for each hit you make. Poorer gear means you'll need to hit more, so your skills go up much faster.

For training purposes, I'd use no better grade of arrow than silver. I beleive the red-guard smith in viviec FQ has a constant supply of enchanted arrows, and the Legion smith in ebonhart carries glass ones.

The game also has a few daedric darts and throwing stars, far too rare and pricey to actually use, IMO, and I currently have 30 ebony arrows, though I don't know where I got them...

BTW: the same theory applies to other weapon training-- your short blade will increase much faster when you use a steel dagger than a daedric tanto, for instance.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:44 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, there is the fletcher shop in the Vivec Foreign waistworks, but it requires a mod. It's an official Bethesda mod, so you can find it on their site. It's a bit strange that there aren't any standard fletcher shops to begin with. In the shop in Vivec you can buy (or steal of course) all sorts of ammo for crossbows, shortbows and longbows, as well as throwing knives and shirukens and such. You'll also find the Daedric longbow inthere. I usually steal it, since it's a bit expensive, especially when you're still early in the game. I use area effect arrows, which have the effect of a grenade. So if you shoot at one cliffracer, and there happen to be a few others nearby, they'll get hit as well.