Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 04:26 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Arledrian, we have judge Judy too here, it's hilarious. Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, place your hand on my butt.
Old 04-28-2003, 04:51 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Jerry Springer is good, and I've watched a lot of it at 9 in the mornings when my parents are usually at work. Just the weird things that people do is hilarious so I guess that's why I watch it (not anymore though). It was a lot better back in the day when it was real people and not actors [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 06:27 PM   #13
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think some good'ole hilarious crap is good for you now and then. Me and my buddies use to get real stoned with a wake-n-bake and watch him in the mornings. Classic... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 07:35 PM   #14
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Theres posters plastered all over the London Underground at the moment for: "Jerry Springer; the Opera".

Oh my dear God... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 04-28-2003, 07:38 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Theres posters plastered all over the London Underground at the moment for: "Jerry Springer; the Opera".

O sheesh, then he would become..... Jerry Singer.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #16
wellard
Dracolisk

Much to my fury, every midweek lunchtime at work, the jerry Springer show gets put on. A room full of say 40 people watching that crap, and like a car accident it is hard to look away!

But the sad thing is apart from that so many people find it amusing, is the way about 75% of the people walk away saying things like "those Americans are Fu%$*d up". You tell them it is just acting and that is says more about them for watching it than America as a whole. But I often think that they cannot recognise that, and end up with an unhealthy view of Americans as a nation.

As an international public relations exercise it is a total disaster. I often wonder if this is responsible *partly* for so much hatred levied against America.

Just an info footnote. The lunchroom would be about 80% non-Australian.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 04-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #17
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I've sat through a few of the midget ones... let's face it... those shows are rigged!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:45 PM   #18
Animal
Gold Dragon

I've gotta plead guilty on this one too. , but for the life of me I can't figure out why I watched the entire show. It was almost as if I were trapped. It reminded of a "professional wrestling" type show, so let me fire off a question: Is it real or not? I find it hard to believe that people that act in such a manner really exist.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:46 PM   #19
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:

O sheesh, then he would become..... Jerry Singer. [/QUOTE]Could you imagine Jerry Springer running for office? President Jerry Springer?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:52 PM   #20
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:

I read about that in a magazine! Can you imagine??!! [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] Well I suppose they could just hire the same people who choreograph the fights between the 'guests' on the real Jerry to make up the dance sequences

I've never watched more than a couple of minutes, by mistake. There are some shows that are stupid that you can watch for a laff. But then there are some that are beyond stupid - Jerry is one of them. Plus it's all so staged, I can't really imagine that people are having that many catfights and punchups in real life. And if they are!!! [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img] I don't want to know about them. And why is he so obsessed with midgets or whatever the proper term for little people is?? Every second episode I've seen any of (which isn't many I admit) has them on!