Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2003, 12:11 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>Forget worrying about the Oscars. Forget worrying about figuring out complex plots with tons of philosophical musings about which doctoral theses will be written. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

This movie delivers everything it promises: excellent action, funny jokes (both verbal and visual), and (I hope <font color = red>Belle</font> forgives me for this one) eye candy.

And you know what else? No one cares that Bernie Mac has taken Bill Murray's place as Bosley--he is funny in this movie.

If you consider only entertainment value, I give this one a 10. However, I give this movie a strong 8 overall because of forced plot machinations.

On the other hand, how can you go wrong with three female James Bonds? [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Thanks for the positive feedback on this! I will still wait for DVD...there are only a few movies that are worth seeing in the theatres for $7...and this is not one of them for me.</font>
Old 07-02-2003, 12:54 AM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>I agree with you there, which is why we usually try to see our movies early on Saturday morning, when we can catch a matinee for only $5, or even $3.75 if we attend the first show of the day.

Another friendly tip: buy your snack at a conveinience store then sneak it in. This works best in winter, when you can wear a coat; I once enjoyed a cheeseburger during my movie, thanks to deep pockets. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 09:16 AM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I agree, it works even better durign a kids movie if you have a diaper bag, soda's, chips, homemade popcorn, candy, etc etc all can be sneaked in via pockets or a diaper bag (which they usually don't bother to check, or confiscate, unlike backpacks)