Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 09:00 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I can't believe I caught this screenshot. It's of one of the Rocs on the Isle of Sands, flying against the setting sun with a almost totally red sky. Other than cropping the image to save space, I have done nothing to alter it. The Roc was flying over our heads, and my spellcasters were looking up to target it, when...WOW! Perfect photo opportunity. I don't think I could have planned it.

Enjoy!
Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 09:39 PM   #2
Serath
Manshoon

Nice shot. Watch out for bird droppings though.

Serath
"Boo says...whaaaaaat?!?!"
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2001, 10:02 PM   #3
Moni

Very nice! Beautiful actually!
I was curious, is it much trouble to post a pic? I have one of my party fighting a crab with the night sky & A full moon behind it...pretty funny...we swam up under it & help it high while we chopped it to pieces!
Old 01-12-2001, 11:37 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Moni, you need to have somewhere to store the picture, and it needs to be saved in either .gif or .jpg format. If you have a web service (even Geocities (yuk) or something like that would do) you can post it there and put a link to it here using the special coding (click the "Help" link at the top of this window to find out more). When you take a screenshot, it'll be saved as a bitmap (.bmp), so you'll need a utility to convert it to .gif or .jpg. There's some free utilities out there that you can download that will do this. I have Paint Shop Pro, so I'm able to get multiple captures. So my party now wanders the Gael Serran armed with swords, pole arms .... and cameras. For that perfect Kodak moment.

Can't you just see it?

RAIDER: "Drop your weapons!"
Sylvia: (my character) All right, all right, but say "Cheese" first! *SNAP*

As far as the pic goes, I'm thinking about turning it into a signature picture.

Cheers,
Sazerac
Old 01-13-2001, 12:09 AM   #5
Moni

LOL, Just make sure they remember to remove the lens cap!

I too use Paint Shop Pro but have not set it up yet since the clean up I had to do a couple of weeks ago.
I love that proggie! I have been using it since version 5 was released.
I have AOL (just as yuk, lol) so I have a place to store it. (you never saw me or my kitties? LOL!)
I guess it is just a matter of setting PSP up again "sigh" it takes so long with all my plugins, tubes, masks, etc! I am not one to put it on here & not have it ready to play with!

That pic is perfect for a signature tag!
I'll have to pay close attention to the game from here on out & see what I can come up with that might look as good! I doubt I can rival your good fortune in timing though! That shot is beautiful! Nice going!
Old 01-13-2001, 12:16 AM   #6
dcch

Being an amateur photographer I'd love to get some pix from the game... hate to even ask... but, HOW do you do it?

dh
Old 01-13-2001, 12:55 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear dcch,

If you don't have a screen capture program, you can use the default Windows screen capture (Alt and Prt Scr). However, this is a one-shot wonder; that is, you'd have to exit the program to get the picture, since any other picture you wished to take would overwrite it. If you have a program such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop that has multiple capture options, you can assign it a hot key (F12, for example), then anytime you wish to make a "photo", you hit the F12 key. It saves it to the screen in your application. Later, after you have exited the program, you can edit your pictures.

Sazerac (Here's an updated version of my new "signature" pic:

Old 01-13-2001, 01:36 AM   #8
Moni

Very sharp! Excellent choice in fonts for that too! I am impressed!
Old 01-14-2001, 08:59 PM   #9
Moni

Sazerac...I sent you something through E-mail from my AOL account. LastTruePrincess@aol.com)
I think you are gonna like it.
: )
Moni
Old 01-15-2001, 04:38 AM   #10
carg
The Magister

Has anyone here played NetHack? There you can find a magic item called an expensive camera, and using it on the monsters blinds them (with the flash)!
carg is offline   Reply With Quote