Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2003, 07:17 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

http://www.msnbc.com/news/896267.asp?0cv=CA01

NEW YORK, April 6 — David Bloom, an NBC News correspondent traveling with the U.S. Army’s 3rd Infantry Division outside Baghdad, died Sunday, NBC announced. Bloom, a 39-year-old husband and father of three, died of an apparent pulmonary embolism, the company said. He was the second American journalist to die in Iraq since the war began.

---------

It is so sad. I really enjoyed watching his reports. So young, and leaving a family behind.

Old 04-06-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I heard that this morning. That is awful. Of course he was a walking time bomb--it was apparently going to happen wherever he was and whatever he was doing.

I survived a pulmonary embolism. I was extremely lucky---not something most people survive.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 04-06-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very sad. . I liked him a lot, following him this past couple weeks. I feel for his 3 girls and wife... [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

It's so sad when a thing like this happens, why we're even sending our journalists out there if they're only getting themselves hurt is beyond me, i keep hearing reports of a water shortage too and not a thing to do about it. I suppose, being the type who likes to challange things, see that this death is nationally realized whent he deaths of hundreds of others, Iraquis and Americans Both, are trivialized by it, simply because he was a member of the press. I don't think it's right for one death to outweigh so many or one life to be placed above another in death, but that's the way the news works I s'pose...
Old 04-06-2003, 10:26 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
It's so sad when a thing like this happens, why we're even sending our journalists out there if they're only getting themselves hurt is beyond me, i keep hearing reports of a water shortage too and not a thing to do about it. I suppose, being the type who likes to challange things, see that this death is nationally realized whent he deaths of hundreds of others, Iraquis and Americans Both, are trivialized by it, simply because he was a member of the press. I don't think it's right for one death to outweigh so many or one life to be placed above another in death, but that's the way the news works I s'pose...
He didn't die from gun fire, but just a blood clot in his lung. Nothing to do with the war fighting. He will be missed.

Old 04-07-2003, 12:09 AM   #6
Lil Lil

That he will.

I feel for his family...keep them in your prayers and thoughts everyone.

Old 04-07-2003, 02:57 AM   #7
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, maybe a reason why it seems so sad that this guy has died is because you know details. You know he was a father, a husband. He was only 39, and had much more life available to him. It is really sad, and even though I don't know him as I don't watch American news, I was touched by his death. I feel sorry for all the soldiers out there, British, American and Iraqui. War is never a nice thing, and can in no means ever be justified. Anyway, just my thoughts, and my post is getting dangerously off-topic. I will hope this conflict can be resolved quickly, so as to avoid further tradgedies.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

It's always sad when someone that young dies and leaves a bereaved widow and children behind. I feel of the family, as they weren't able to even be with him in the end. But war or no war, Reeka's right, that embolism would have killed him no matter where he was.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:30 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Aww, that is so sad. I hate it when people die in wars and stuff.
Just think: all of this moght not have happened if we didn't decide to go to war...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 04-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #10
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
It's always sad when someone that young dies and leaves a bereaved widow and children behind. I feel of the family, as they weren't able to even be with him in the end. But war or no war, Reeka's right, that embolism would have killed him no matter where he was.
Sadly, from what the doctor's are saying, this might not be true. They are now saying that he may have gotten this embolism from sitting for long hours on the truck with his legs tight to his body without moving. They say dehydration may have also contributed to this tragedy. There was a Dr on "Today" this morning and one on NPR saying that this is a tragic lesson that if you're going to be in one position for a long time (like a long plane flight for example) that you should get up and move around some.
Very sad, I really enjoyed watching him on the weekend edition of Today. He'll be sorely missed. Such a tragedy especially since he was so young and is leaving behind such young children