Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2003, 09:44 AM   #51
Legolas
Jack Burton

Hey Timber Loftis, Attalus,

We're having a lousy winter over here with temperatures refusing to drop below zero (Celcius, naturally). Everyone knows winters should be cold, but they won't listen
I suppose it won't really start freezing until late February as usual.

TL, I honestly wouldn't know.
I can't judge (no pun intended) how well you like the 'real deal', or how important environmental law is to you. I do know that flexible hours and going home early is a definate plus, and you should wonder if the pay raise compensates for that. Financially speaking, I imagine it would.
As for the prestige, I personally wouldn't care about that much. But then I live on the other side of the world.
As always, the best advice is to listen to yourself...
Old 01-22-2003, 09:59 AM   #52
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hump day is here 2 more days till the weekend
Old 01-22-2003, 10:06 AM   #53
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, it is now officially here. Good morning, Elif. How's Florida?
Old 01-22-2003, 10:07 AM   #54
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Just stopped by to greet all of you. Im leaving to a house party and when I come back I will post interesting things here.. I´ll let you know how it was, if Im able to.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:33 AM   #55
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:

Antryg, How is PS: T treating you?
I've completed a few quests, gotten some of that weapons training, and even bought my eye back. All-in-all things are going pretty smooth and the game is living up to your praise. I still disagree with you and TL. I won't drink whiskey EVEN if they give me a calendar. What exactly is on that calendar that you and TL like it so much? What pictures could be on a calendar that would get prestige points for Piestrider at school? It wouldn't have anything to do with pretty girls would it?

Now if you and TL want a REAL drink then you need to drink Dr. Pepper. That is good drinking, even if you don't get a calendar.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:50 AM   #56
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
Hey Timber Loftis, Attalus,

We're having a lousy winter over here with temperatures refusing to drop below zero (Celcius, naturally). Everyone knows winters should be cold, but they won't listen
I suppose it won't really start freezing until late February as usual.

TL, I honestly wouldn't know.
I can't judge (no pun intended) how well you like the 'real deal', or how important environmental law is to you. I do know that flexible hours and going home early is a definate plus, and you should wonder if the pay raise compensates for that. Financially speaking, I imagine it would.
As for the prestige, I personally wouldn't care about that much. But then I live on the other side of the world.
As always, the best advice is to listen to yourself...
I was hoping it won't freeze at all, who wants frost anyway ?
Old 01-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #57
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Dr. Pepper - now THERE'S a strong drink!!! Usually too sweet for me. But, I enjoy it upon occassion. I like the taste of bitter. I figure there are only so many different tastes out there, so enjoy them all. So I drink black coffee, whiskey, and eat the darkest dark chocolate I can find.
Old 01-22-2003, 12:02 PM   #58
WillowIX
Apophis

YAY Timber! Congrats to your "promotion"! Finally we get rid of you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yes that was a joke and you know it! Whenever you have time to bless us with your presence will of course be enough for us. [img]smile.gif[/img]

MagiK, This is in regard to your post in the "west slipping" thread. Didn´t want to go further off topic. So what´s your phone number and are you free on saturday? I had to read it three times before I got the connection you mentioned. But when I finally saw it, ROTFLLAO!!! And a [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img] for that compliment. [img]smile.gif[/img] The next time you visit Toronto and a woman runs up and hugs you, don´t be too surprised.

And finally a good morning to the rest of you. Is Arx Fatalis down yet Attalus? I´m stuck on Sim City 4. For all the fans of the earlier Sim City games, this is a must have. Same excellent game play with extraordinary new graphics! Several [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] for this game!
Old 01-22-2003, 12:05 PM   #59
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Anybody that give's a thumbs up to Dr. Pepper has to have a refined pallet. Will you enjoy envirometal law 100% of the time TL?
Old 01-22-2003, 12:11 PM   #60
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Anybody that give's a thumbs up to Dr. Pepper has to have a refined pallet. Will you enjoy envirometal law 100% of the time TL?
Oh, yes. That's my goal. I went to Vermont Law School not because it is ranked in the 100-150 range generally, but because it is ranked FIRST for environmental law. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

In fact, the whole reason I went to the firm I'm now leaving is that one partner here did "some" environmental law. The environmental law field is exceedingly tough to break into in IL as opposed to NY where I was practicing environmental law previously (before my wife got a job as a state prosecutor and we moved).

And, the firm I'm going to is a recently-merged big IL and big NY firm, so the fit seems rather glove-ish.

BTW, the enviro field in the current administration is generally dictated by states. With Bush in office, the Feds are basically enforcing NOTHING, so there is little work unless you live in a state where the state pursues enviro heavily (e.g. NJ, NY, CA).