Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 08:15 PM   #31
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Do we really care? I'll give you a tip, if you really ARE at university then stop acting like a 14 year-old.

Hey.... wats wrong with 14 year-olds [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 08:18 PM   #32
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The only study of engineering going on is Avatars figuring out how his toilet works.
Old 01-16-2002, 06:29 AM   #33
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

~rotflmclao~ toilet...*gglz* can you work your toilet? where would you be without ur toilet Lord Of Alcohol... ~RAE~ we all know one of the effects of alcohol...*naughty gryn*

If you've never done:
hyperbolic functions, differentiation/integration of inverse/hyperbolic functions or just inverse/trigonometric functions, finding the relations between trigonometric functions and hyperbolic functions or gotten headaches over orthogonal matrices, compound transformations, singular matrices, eigenvectors and eigenvalues, diagonalising a symmetric matrix, used a matrix to represent the inverse of a combination of transformations, found the transpose of a matrix, transformations from the z-plane to the w-plane, modulus inequalities, loci in the complex plane, polar coordinates, areas of regions expressed in polar coordinates, transforming from polar to cartesian form and the converse, cardiods, lemniscates, found the focus-diretrix property of the ellipse, intrinsic coordinates, radius of curvature, catenary curves, parametric coordinates, rectangular hyperbola, Maclaurin's series, Taylors expansion, finding intersections of more than one plane, proof by induction, nth order differential equations, nth root of ANY complex number, solved a polynomial with real coefficiant but complex roots (usually in conjugate pairs), nth roots of unity, de moivre's theorem, exponential form of a complex number, modulus-argument form of a complex number, dot and cross product, vector equations of planes, volumes of parallelepiped&tetrahedrons, evaluating triple scalar products, reduction formulae in applications of integrations, found the surface are of revolution, calculated arc length, found equations of tangents and normals to hyperbola in more than one form......etc

AND be able to PROVE all of it!

just some examples I can think of of the maths I'm doing and I'm still in high school(american system)! Well, yr 13/upper sixth(u.k. system)!

So if there's ANY of the above list u didn't know....

then don't even START to think you know what engineering involves, cuz I sure as hell don't!

~dances around~ besides, can't you act ur shoesize here? I'm 3! *tuggz on your hand* come join me! ~WeG~ I dare you....
Old 01-16-2002, 06:52 AM   #34
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

LOL, I got lost on "hyperbolic" the rest sounds like the lost language of Ino'tumush [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]

I was thinking about going back to Uni this year but you have just reminded me why I hate school so much - you actually have to think!

Thanks Eternity - See, too dumb to even know how to write your name correctly! hehe

PS I think I stepped in an orthogonal matrices once

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Downunda ]

Old 01-16-2002, 07:21 AM   #35
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

So that we can put a point into this thread I will ask the Brit Uni people where they are. I am at LSE.

And yes, you are silly. But that is quite important for engineering. Look at Norman Foster...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 01-16-2002, 09:24 AM   #36
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:
~rotflmclao~ toilet...*gglz* can you work your toilet? where would you be without ur toilet Lord Of Alcohol... ~RAE~ we all know one of the effects of alcohol...*naughty gryn*

If you've never done:
hyperbolic functions, differentiation/integration of inverse/hyperbolic functions or just inverse/trigonometric functions, finding the relations between trigonometric functions and hyperbolic functions or gotten headaches over orthogonal matrices, compound transformations, singular matrices, eigenvectors and eigenvalues, diagonalising a symmetric matrix, used a matrix to represent the inverse of a combination of transformations, found the transpose of a matrix, transformations from the z-plane to the w-plane, modulus inequalities, loci in the complex plane, polar coordinates, areas of regions expressed in polar coordinates, transforming from polar to cartesian form and the converse, cardiods, lemniscates, found the focus-diretrix property of the ellipse, intrinsic coordinates, radius of curvature, catenary curves, parametric coordinates, rectangular hyperbola, Maclaurin's series, Taylors expansion, finding intersections of more than one plane, proof by induction, nth order differential equations, nth root of ANY complex number, solved a polynomial with real coefficiant but complex roots (usually in conjugate pairs), nth roots of unity, de moivre's theorem, exponential form of a complex number, modulus-argument form of a complex number, dot and cross product, vector equations of planes, volumes of parallelepiped&tetrahedrons, evaluating triple scalar products, reduction formulae in applications of integrations, found the surface are of revolution, calculated arc length, found equations of tangents and normals to hyperbola in more than one form......etc

just some examples I can think of of the maths I'm doing and I'm still in high school(american system)! Well, yr 13/upper sixth(u.k. system)!

then don't even START to think you know what engineering involves, cuz I sure as hell don't!

~dances around~ besides, can't you act ur shoesize here? I'm 3! *tuggz on your hand* come join me! ~WeG~ I dare you....

*giggles* sweetie! You didn't have to post your entire maths syllabus on here. You could have just shocked them with your physics one [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I would post my 1st year syllabus here but that would be tooo silly

Owwww sweetie, don't get in a stress with Lord of Alc.

He's the one that supplied me with the NASA launch times to Mars
Why LoA? Is your toilet not working? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'll come and dance with you.. *takes her hand and goes to dance* I bet I can act my shoe size... you know I can
Old 01-16-2002, 12:19 PM   #37
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by ʆë®Ñï†Ý:

If you've never done:

What? Americans study that as well? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I didn't think many people got passed quadratic equations in America. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yeah, I agree that you shouldn't really need to list all that to prove a point, anyone who's done A level pure maths in England has done all that, so yes, *sigh* I've been through the torture....Eternity, just wait till you get onto the lovely Laplace Transorms, Fourier Series, Sturm-Liouville Systems and Eigenfunctions, Cauchy-Riemann and Laplace equations, functions of a complex variable.....oops there I am doing the same, listing the damn syllabus....ok I'm shutting up now
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-16-2002, 12:22 PM   #38
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:

I would post my 1st year syllabus here but that would be tooo silly

Actually I would be interested in the Cambridge syllabus...what sort of engineering is it? Mechanical? Computer? Electro-mechanical? Electrical?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-16-2002, 12:37 PM   #39
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Yeah, I agree that you shouldn't really need to list all that to prove a point, anyone who's done A level pure maths in England has done all that, so yes, *sigh* I've been through the torture....Eternity, just wait till you get onto the lovely Laplace Transorms, Fourier Series, Sturm-Liouville Systems and Eigenfunctions, Cauchy-Riemann and Laplace equations, functions of a complex variable.....oops there I am doing the same, listing the damn syllabus....ok I'm shutting up now

I finished A levels in Maths and Further Maths last year, that was bad. But now I am onto stuff like:
Simultaneous equations,
Partial Differentials,
Poisson distribution,

Mwhahahahaha!!! Economics is so easy! And I still get a Bsc out of it after three years.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 01-16-2002, 04:03 PM   #40
ʆë®Ñï†Ý
Zhentarim Guard

Heehee, I just like to use a sledgehammer to make a point ~winkz~ Avatar, *koyc* and I can't help getting worked up...

Actually I live in the U.K. Doing A2's at the mo. Brilliant! You guys all did this stuff?! *rubbs hands happily* Next time I get stuck.. (which is often) and Avatar's busy I'll just post the problem up here, and I expect an answer in 5 mins flat! *gglz*

I'm going for an interview at UCL on wednesday... Electrical and Electronic engineering with management... wish me luck! Sounds fun ~grynz~ I wouldn't know since our physics syllabus is sooooooooo traditional! *sigh* girlz skewl and all... I'll prolly end up at Imperial unless I crap up my A2's so badly I end up at Warwick *smilez*

Sooo... Barry hopefully we'll be really close to each other next year! *makes a face* I dunno, for some reason I chose to do P1 to P6 instead of P1,P2&P3+M1,M2&M3. It would've been soooooo much easier if I'd been sensible ~noddz~ And now this new system is just odd! I had 4 exams in one day last year! Oh well *chirpy look* My year's been the guinea pig year newayz. We did all the SAT'S etc.

So, economics is fun? I was thinking of doing an MBA afterwards *ponderz* whaddya guys think?

Yay! I can't wait to live in London! Go to uni... definitely NOT grow up! ~chuckles~ Although I'll prolly get lost everytime I step outside *helpless*

Vaskez... u poor baby!... you did it too? commiserations! *wry grin*

Awwww.. Avatar, how old do u think you've been acting since you met me? *naughty lil' smile* I must be infectious.. ~cuddles~

*bopping to JackOffJill* You guys heard of Jack off jill? "Nazi Halo" is one of their best songs *beaming* It's way kewl! Although my friend would kill me for bopping to it and not moshing *gglz*

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: ʆë®Ñï†Ý ]