Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #11
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

My party will be the 'realistic' party. That is the party the character themselves would most likely have. Along with my fighter I will have Minsc, Jahiera and Imoen(when I get her back) as they're his friends, Yoshimo because I find him as a fellow prisoner and he's a vital part of the plot, and Nalia because she's the ruler of my stronghold so I'd keep her around and protect her. Everyone else will also be designed as support for the main character. He does all the real work. Minsc fires his bow at enemy mages and missile troops and protects the other characters from anybody who gets near them, Jahiera heals and is the romance interst. Also stops mages with summon insects and cures poison. Imoen and Nalia supply bow fire and dispel negative spell effects on the fighter and bring down enemy protections. Yoshimo disarms traps and supplies even more missile fire. The fighter will normally be the only one that engages in melee and takes all the punishment because he has the most hitpoints.
If you really wanted the missile party you could go
PC Archer
Minsc
Valygar
Yoshimo
Mazzy
Keldorn
All have bows or crossbows and all can get at least two proficiencies in their missile weapon.
I'd like to try the tank party one time too
PC fighter (probably kensai)
Minsc
Keldorn
Kurrgan
Anomen
Valygar
Would cleave through monsters with ease but would be relying on potions for healing and would be in trouble if held or charmed. Would be fun though.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-15-2001, 05:33 PM   #12
jabidas
Silver Dragon

this is a bunch who just carve people all day long cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war
pc kensai or monk
korgan
minsc
valygar
keldorn
mazzy
Old 05-15-2001, 06:06 PM   #13
Glycerine
Manshoon

Last time through:

Rune - Kensai/Mage
Korgan - Berserker
Keldorn - Paladin
Viconia - Cleric
Valygar - Stalker
Imoen - Mage/Thief

Firt time through:

Zoso - Mage
Mazzy - Fighter
Minsc - Ranger
Anomen - Cleric
Valygar - Stalker
Aerie - Mage/Cleric

Both worked well, but I found the second time through my party was much more powerful.

Glycerine