Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 08:32 PM   #61
Lord Shield

Wonder what happens if you remove Boo using Shadowkeeper?

Old 04-07-2001, 09:35 PM   #62
BG2SOA

Minsc will get a heart attack lol.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-07-2001, 09:42 PM   #63
Parmenion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've outfitted him with that Warsword+4 that you can buy from The Adventurers Mart...But hey thats just me!

Evil Meet Sword!!!! Sword Meet Evil!!!!

------------------
You ain't seen me! Right?
Old 04-07-2001, 10:35 PM   #64
Jaret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No good-aligned character should really be willing to throw Minsc and his fuzzy friend out of the party. It would be irresponsible to leave such an guileless and trusting fellow to face the dangers of Amn on his own with only a rodent at his side. From a role-playing standpoint, you're morally obligated to keep an eye on him.
Furthermore, he makes a wonderful pointman. Give him boots of speed, gauntlets of dexterity, the spell reflecting cloak, a ring of regeneration and a ring of free action, and the missile deflecting shield. A small arsenal of maces and two handed swords can allow him to adapt to any situation.
This is particularly effective if you have a spell/missile heavy party as I do. (Archer, Jaheira, Minsc, Aerie, Nalia, Imoen) In any case,the pointman's job is not so much to deal damage directly as to keep the enemy pinned down and away from the rest of the team.
I am perhaps biased in this matter; I am not inclined to abandon any NPC I accept into my party, regardless of their effect on party balance. I was worried about what I would do when I rescued Imoen, though the game's plot solved that quandary rather effectively.

------------------
Philosophically, I'm chaotic evil. In practice, well.... (Dang conscience!)
Old 04-07-2001, 11:13 PM   #65
onthepequod
Quintesson

Nex,

You ate Boo? I thought those of you from montana only considered Elk, Grizzly, or Trout worthy of your time. Oh the shame of it.
Old 04-08-2001, 03:55 AM   #66
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaret:
No good-aligned character should really be willing to throw Minsc and his fuzzy friend out of the party. It would be irresponsible to leave such an guileless and trusting fellow to face the dangers of Amn on his own with only a rodent at his side. From a role-playing standpoint, you're morally obligated to keep an eye on him.
Furthermore, he makes a wonderful pointman. Give him boots of speed, gauntlets of dexterity, the spell reflecting cloak, a ring of regeneration and a ring of free action, and the missile deflecting shield. A small arsenal of maces and two handed swords can allow him to adapt to any situation.
This is particularly effective if you have a spell/missile heavy party as I do. (Archer, Jaheira, Minsc, Aerie, Nalia, Imoen) In any case,the pointman's job is not so much to deal damage directly as to keep the enemy pinned down and away from the rest of the team.
I am perhaps biased in this matter; I am not inclined to abandon any NPC I accept into my party, regardless of their effect on party balance. I was worried about what I would do when I rescued Imoen, though the game's plot solved that quandary rather effectively.

But dear Jerat
If you give that to any fighter he'll get strong
has notin to do with Minsc

------------------

Old 04-08-2001, 02:39 PM   #67
Killer
Banned User

minsc is strong and boo whit mace of distruption

death is the way of life Killer
Old 04-08-2001, 05:39 PM   #68
Lord Shield

How about turning Boo to stone and taping him to a stick? That would make a good club or mace (Go for the nads, boo - whump!)

Old 04-08-2001, 06:45 PM   #69
Jaret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
But dear Jerat
If you give that to any fighter he'll get strong
has notin to do with Minsc

Still, he led the way to getting all the hardware. Besides, you will note that that gear selection is not attack oriented - it's meant to keep him in action and unhindered. Minsc could do more killing if I got different gear for him, but this way I have a big, friendly wall of hamster and ranger between my Magic missile tossers and the baddies.
The point is, Minsc is your friend; he would not abandon you and you should not abandon him.

------------------
Philosophically, I'm chaotic evil. In practice, well.... (Dang conscience!)
Old 04-08-2001, 07:02 PM   #70
Melusine
Dracolisk

Jaret, one thing: the boots of speed and ring of free action cannot be used simultaneously, as the one negates the other.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia