Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 06:15 PM   #11
Epona
Zartan

SPOILER
My tactic for Adamantine and Iron Golems (which need +3 weapons to hit) is to use the Tansheron bow, which fires unlimited +3 phantom arrows.

You can get the bow in Trademeet, and if you are in Firkraags dungeon this tactic works well in all cases where you meet these particular golems, since there are always narrow doorways/bridge/cavern opening where the largest ones will get stuck.

Once they are stuck you can shoot from a safe distance with the Tansheron bow. I wouldn't get any character too near, because one blow from one of these guys can do an awful lot of damage. It takes a while, because each shot will only do 2 points of damage to an adamantine golem - I believe this is the maximum damage per hit that these guys can take, so be prepared to sit it out until they bite the dust.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-16-2001, 06:16 PM   #12
sirgwayne

Thanks All but the ones I'm after aren't in no door and I'm not much for running
I just want something to bust em up! and quick!
where do I get the swords mentioned ?

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 03-16-2001, 06:22 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Ahh, if there are no doorways, ignore my last post!
SPOILER - WEAPON LOCATIONS
Celestial Fury is in the temple district in a building marked on your map as 'guarded compound' (NE corner). You need to move the cursor around a bit to find the door as it is hidden, and expect a bit of a fight.

Azuredge (axe) can be used melee & thrown, and is in the Adventurers Mart

The Warhammer that Melusine mentioned is in the D'Arnise Keep in the golem chapel, but you don't have to fight them to get it if you use sanctuary spell, or grab it and then use an invisibility potion.

------------------

Old 03-16-2001, 06:26 PM   #14
sirgwayne

Thanks ALL!
Nice gif Epona! Your a Doll

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 03-16-2001, 06:45 PM   #15
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by sirgwayne:
Thanks ALL!
Nice gif Epona! Your a Doll

Thanks - it was a present from someone who sometimes goes by the name of ... er ... SirGwayne !!!!

------------------