Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 09:50 AM   #1
swavek
The Magister

1) when you remove an npc from a party, do they really go back to where they say they will? at one point, i told Vi to hit the road and she said that she'll be at He'Li's but didn't go anywhere. she just stood nearby.
2) another question, will Vi go upto ascension peak with the party?
3) how can i get madras go come to ascension peak with me? err.. i heard that he won't go there with you, so how can i force or trick him into going anyway?
4) finally, my average chr level is 13. would that be sufficient to at least take on a monster or two at ascenion peak? since there are supposed to be some really tough monsters up there, i thought that i'd kill a few to gain some quick XP. afterwards, i could rest up at Bela's campsite and then come back for more.

-swavek
Old 03-11-2002, 01:04 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

NPC's stay where you drop them off until you go to a new area. Handy if you change your mind but haven't left for another location yet. Yes, they usually do go where they say they are, though in the unpatched game, occasionally there is a bug with Vi that puts her in the Phoonzang statue instead of He'Li's. RFS-81, however, will stay exactly where you leave him; he doesn't go anywhere.

Yes, Vi will go to the Peak and the Cosmic Circle, no problems. There's even a little byplay between her and the Dark Savant at the end (not critical to the game).

You can force any NPC into a "forbidden" area in a couple of ways. One is to set a portal in the area, then recruit the NPC again, and teleport back. The NPC will be hexed for the duration, along with doing a lot of whining and nagging. Once you leave, they're back to normal again. I wouldn't advise doing this with Madras, since the Peak is the endgame, and you want everyone at 100% efficiency.

As for trying the peak now, go ahead. Save first in case you're in over your head.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote