Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 12:13 AM   #11
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Yet another hilarious romp through the pages of the GSE!! ROFL! Great work as usual! BTW, I've read all the previous issues to the sacrifice of several days sleep(giggling like a lunatic). But, it was WORTH it! I had lots of fun. To all ye newcomers, do not hesitate to catch up on past issues of the GSE. A definite trip through "wonderland". Thanks again Saz and all contributors to the GSE! The comic relief is much appreciated.

+Dr.Pick
Dr.Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 12:14 AM   #12
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

LOL, good one Saz and Skywalker
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 04:06 AM   #13
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I worked for several hours this evening, but the back issues of the Gael Serran Examiner are now archived up through Issue 26. For those of you who wish to peruse some of the earlier GS Examiners, visit this site:

http://www.wizardrealm.com/gse/

Now I'm heading to bed. Cya later!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 09:18 AM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

hehehehee

Yet another excellent issue of the Examiner!!! Puts all other papers to shame!!!

(I suspect a well planned create portal and teleport did the trick)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 09:40 AM   #15
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL True to form! Letting my mind go wild with ideas of how to get him down. . . HMMMMMmmmmmm. . .
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 11:10 AM   #16
skywalker
Banned User

There was a lot of gnashing of teeth and uttered oaths, that went into the creation of the pic.
Luckily I wrote what I did to pull it together. When I get home from work I will see if I can find the document and post it here.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 11:39 AM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you can't find it, Mark, I've still got it and can post it up here for you. I didn't know if you wanted me to "let the Longtooth out of the bag!"

-Sazerac
Old 06-06-2001, 01:16 PM   #18
skywalker
Banned User

Saz!

It's just a matter of time. I live a long way from work and the info is at home, so I won't get to it 'til after five. I was just going to cut and paste the pertinent parts from my e-mail to you, anyway.

Mark
Old 06-06-2001, 05:48 PM   #19
skywalker
Banned User

Here goes. It may not seem ethical to create pics for GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER, but not that many odd things occur naturally in the game. Though I must say it wasn't at all easy to get the above picture. Here is the explanation I sent to Saz when I sent the screenshot:

"This took me awhile to get set up as it is quite difficult to get Talrik from his home by the shipwreck to the desert.
First I created a portal on top of the pyramid and got on the ship. I teleported my character, ship and all, up to the top of Cet's Pyramid (which for some reason rotates on an axis up there).
Next I cast Call Of Home and swam to Talrik's shipwreck and Stoned him. I tried to 'port him to the ship, but of course that didn't work from this side of the sea. I carried him all the way to the Shrine of Anephas, but could not enter carrying him, because I lost him when I threw the lever to go in. After much gnashing of teeth, I vanished Shiva (the character I was playing at the time) to the other side of the shrine through the trees, set a portal, vanished back, and teleported Talrick to the other side. I tried to 'port her over and it failed, so I vanished through again.
Carried Talrik all the way to the desert and Cet's Tomb, got on the ship, created a portal, and teleported Talrik up. Took some time just trying to get a picture close to my satisfaction (not really happy, but the best I could do)."

So there you have it, the making of photo-op in the Gael Serran!

Mark
Old 06-06-2001, 05:58 PM   #20
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
First I created a portal on top of the pyramid and got on the ship. I teleported my character, ship and all, up to the top of Cet's Pyramid (which for some reason rotates on an axis up there).
See, what did I tell you? The PERFECT weather-vane! LOL!!

What our reporters at the GS Examiner will go through for a story! I gotta hand it to them.

-Sazerac