Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 07:35 PM   #51
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
Even if Creatine was for real, which it isnt, I still prefer to do things myself and not just have some chemical do them for me. There's some pride in knowing that I am the reason I am becoming stronger, that I am the reason I win matches, I am the reason I reach my goals.
Creatine is for real. I can give you hundreds of references that attest to its reality. Creatine does not in the least diminish my pride in my abilities. Just like eating well, creatine helps you build muscle, it doesn't do it for you. It is not an anabolic chemical. You do the work, creatine helps your muscles heal and work harder so that you can build muscle faster. Did you know that meats like beef have creatine in them? Is beef bad? Is it unnatural?[/QUOTE]Is beef bad, no. But you do realize that: A: Creatine is not the only thing in Creatine i'm sure and B: Anything in too large of an amount will harm you.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:44 PM   #52
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm like Elif, I'll take the beer supplement. Errr and an Epona [img]tongue.gif[/img] But really heavy duty weight lifting is absolutly worthless on a real job. I JUST worked with one, he huffs and puffs over lifting a piece of 3/4 plywood LOL. And he can lift a million pounds!-IN THE GYM. In reality it means NOTHING. Walk up a ladder with a microlam beam . Then do it a few more times. Push up 50 sheets of osb (a psuedo-plywood)to the second floor. Its so funny seeing weight lifters on a jobsite. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2002, 08:15 PM   #53
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I'm like Elif, I'll take the beer supplement. Errr and an Epona [img]tongue.gif[/img] But really heavy duty weight lifting is absolutly worthless on a real job. I JUST worked with one, he huffs and puffs over lifting a piece of 3/4 plywood LOL. And he can lift a million pounds!-IN THE GYM. In reality it means NOTHING. Walk up a ladder with a microlam beam . Then do it a few more times. Push up 50 sheets of osb (a psuedo-plywood)to the second floor. Its so funny seeing weight lifters on a jobsite. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm with you on this one. Yep, I do my share of weight lifting, but not religously because it honestly doesn't do you any real world value. LOA, sounds like you roof. I've done some roofing in my time, and I've gotta give you credit, that's damn hard work, especially in the middle of summer. I remember riding a sheet of plywood of the second story roof one day (by mistake of course). F**k did that hurt!
Old 08-01-2002, 02:09 AM   #54
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
quote:
Even if Creatine was for real, which it isnt, I still prefer to do things myself and not just have some chemical do them for me. There's some pride in knowing that I am the reason I am becoming stronger, that I am the reason I win matches, I am the reason I reach my goals.
Creatine is for real. I can give you hundreds of references that attest to its reality. Creatine does not in the least diminish my pride in my abilities. Just like eating well, creatine helps you build muscle, it doesn't do it for you. It is not an anabolic chemical. You do the work, creatine helps your muscles heal and work harder so that you can build muscle faster. Did you know that meats like beef have creatine in them? Is beef bad? Is it unnatural?[/QUOTE]Is beef bad, no. But you do realize that: A: Creatine is not the only thing in Creatine i'm sure and B: Anything in too large of an amount will harm you.[/QUOTE]Creatine is not the only thing in Creatine? That's brilliant. What else is in creatine then my friend? Have you ever read the packaging for creatine? There are no ingredients listed. Only creatine.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition