Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 10:49 AM   #11
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Can kensai/mage wear bracers?
Old 05-10-2001, 10:59 AM   #12
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Don't think that they can wear bracers. I think that Rings and Cloaks are all they can use...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:56 PM   #13
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
I know - that's why I said multi-class. Or can you only multi-class at character creation?

Multi-class can not choose kits = no Elven Kensai/Mage

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 03:17 PM   #14
Vampire

We should be able to duel class in Character Creation!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2001, 04:05 PM   #15
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
We should be able to duel class in Character Creation!!!!!!
The best you can do is use Shadowkeeper.

For example the only way to make a 5th level dualled Ranger/Cleric is to make the Ranger, go into Shadowkeeper, deduct experience and levels to set all of the appropriate stats to 5th level Ranger, change the class to dual (or start the game with 5th level Ranger and dual within the game), and use the remaining experience to level up the cleric.

You can also assign kits to multi-class characters using Shadowkeeper and you can use Shadowkeepre to dual to a kit (for example Ranger/Cleric of Talos).

Shadowkeeper gives great options the game does not allow.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-10-2001, 04:33 PM   #16
ShadowUK

Start as a plain mage (human of coarse), then when you get to level 19 dual class to a Kensi. This works amazingly well providing you've taken the expereince cap off. You get an amazing Kensi that can cast all the spells up to level 9.

It's a bit of a cheesy character because he's a bit to good but it can be good fun.

------------------
Old 05-10-2001, 08:15 PM   #17
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowUK:
Start as a plain mage (human of coarse), then when you get to level 19 dual class to a Kensi. This works amazingly well providing you've taken the expereince cap off. You get an amazing Kensi that can cast all the spells up to level 9.

It's a bit of a cheesy character because he's a bit to good but it can be good fun.
Wouldn't your end hit points be somewhere around 75? If you did it the other way around, started with a Kensai, wouldn't your hit points be around 150?

Old 05-10-2001, 08:36 PM   #18
EdMan218
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so.....when i dual class, i can only use weapons that are accecible to both classes? which class(1st or 2nd) is more dominate?(in terms of which weapons i can use. for example if i dual my kensai into a mage....and reach a higher level wuit the mage, will i be able to use any fighters weapon? the fighter says i can use swords but the mage says i cant.....little help here

and o yea...is there any penalty for killing drizzt? i killed his party but saved right b4, is there any reason that i shouldnt?
ok thx alot