Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 09:12 AM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

This may sound like a really *really* stupid question; but is there a mod that includes *all* the romances for BGTOB? one which I could install without corrupting my game? Or if there isnt one, will there be??
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 01:24 PM   #2
Helspanth
Quintesson

I don't think I understand my friend.
You mean a patch that allows you to have all the romances at the same time?
Old 05-30-2002, 02:05 PM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, there is a patch that lets you do them all at once, the "Concurrent Romances" patch at Baldurdash, I believe.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:45 PM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

er actually what i meant was that there are several 'unoffical' patches out there for romances, eg that nalia one, i was wonderin IF there was a 'patch' that combined all of these at once, so insted of dl all of the romances patches, if it would be possible to dl a patch which CONTAINED all of the 'unoffical' rommances, sorry i didnt make myself very clear before.
Old 05-30-2002, 02:52 PM   #5
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
er actually what i meant was that there are several 'unoffical' patches out there for romances, eg that nalia one, i was wonderin IF there was a 'patch' that combined all of these at once, so insted of dl all of the romances patches, if it would be possible to dl a patch which CONTAINED all of the 'unoffical' rommances, sorry i didnt make myself very clear before.
No, the different add-on NPC MODs come from different developers, and especially in the case of fully audio-enabled MODs like Kelsey, it's unlikely you'd WANT to download more than one at a time anyway.

Kelsey, Tashia, Solaufein, and Valen (who isn't a romance) are all very compatible with each other. Arnel's Nalia mod is not quite so compatible but it has been reported to work, provided it is installed before any of the others. I suggest you simply pick and choose the downloads that interest you.
Old 05-30-2002, 03:03 PM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

yeah i suppose you *have* got a point, still it *would* have been nice to be able to upgrade soa/tob all at once, multi mods get confusing when you start installing too many... theres also confliction errors, so thats why i was wonderin about a 'unified' mod/pack. oh well
Old 05-30-2002, 11:49 PM   #7
jcompton
Elminster

Quote:
theres also confliction errors, so thats why i was wonderin about a 'unified' mod/pack. oh well
Actually, all of the NPCs work together remarkably well, in large part because we've basically all followed good practices. Solaufein, Valen, Tashia, and Kelsey have no known conflicts, because we're all using good WeiDU programming techniques.

I can't speak for Arnel's Nalia from experience, but people have reported that she does work with the other MODs pretty well, as long as she is put in FIRST.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:18 AM   #8
L33T3LF
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by jcompton:
quote:
theres also confliction errors, so thats why i was wonderin about a 'unified' mod/pack. oh well
I can't speak for Arnel's Nalia from experience, but people have reported that she does work with the other MODs pretty well, as long as she is put in FIRST.[/QUOTE]Snooty little noble girl
L33T3LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2002, 05:50 PM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

lol; nalia *is* a snotty noble girl; i think shes *meant* to be... pity you cant shake some sense into her...
Old 06-02-2002, 04:17 PM   #10
Dashael
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Maybe when someone with a talent for WeiDU modmaking gets bored making mods (hopefully never [img]smile.gif[/img] , they'll get permission from all the other mod authors to put together a unified install. It would make mod management much easier, but I like it how it is now, with many mods coming out from very creative people [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dashael is offline   Reply With Quote