Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2001, 10:50 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER

Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Photojournalist: Scronan

New Sport in the Gael Serran: Dragon Baiting

We have received word that a highly dangerous sport has arisen out on the Western Isles: that of Dragon Baiting. In this particular grisly sport, the dangerous red dragons are "charmed", then trained to attack one another in a ruthless display of dragon-on-dragon unto the death. Fortunes are said to be wagered on these games, conducted by the unruly pirates of the Lost Sea and adventurers who have spent far too much time running in and out of Gael Serran Inns.

As you can see in the above photo, two of the deadly dragons, "Rufus" and "Vomithane", are sparring. Not shown in the picture is a large crowd of pirates, Brimloch Brigands, Wyr Warriors, and adventurers screaming on their "favorite" to win. Between the dragons can be seen the purlieu of the wages: some gold, some trinkets, and .... THE MAVIN SWORD???

What manner of foul treachery can this be? Is the Mavin, the unholy instrument of the Black Fire, actually being WAGERED in such a heathen sport? Where have the common decency and morals of this generation of adventurers gone, who would dare to risk their very souls wagering the mortal instrument of the heavens in such a cheap and tasteless sport? What must the Lord Anephas think? Or Kerah, for that matter? What...

There is a winner! Vomithane the mighty has fallen, and Rufus, defending champion red dragon, retains his seat as the grand champion of the dragon fights. The adventurers, the winners, claim their prize and retain the Mavin Sword...for now. Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Here's a picture of the winner, Rufus. Mug for the camera, big guy!

Gahhh, what a HAM!

Although word of this dangerous and suspicious sport has reached the ears of Duke Brinsly of Brimloch Roon, there is no indication that he has any intention of stopping this sport. Time will tell if civilization will intervene, or if the government officials will sit back and watch fortunes "go up in flames."

Many thanks to our intrepid reporter on-the-scene, Scronan, for these excellent (and highly risky) shots. And don't worry...with an application of Erzebette's miracle salve, those burns should be healed in no time. Let's hope the hair grows back soon, too!

Keep watching for updates to THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

Sazerac, editor.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 03:12 AM   #2
Jazzid
Manshoon

Great issue!!! I guess that Rufus will be the new saviour of the Gael Serran (or maybe the new 3rd guardian). Maybe there will be a showdown between Rufus and Erathsmeador for that position

//Jazzid
Old 11-05-2001, 07:32 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL you're right that dragon IS a ham!
hey wait a minute... why that dragon looking me funny?
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 08:10 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

An excellent issue!!!

THank you for bringing this sad situation to our attention. I am now in the process of forming the GSRDRS - Gael Serran Red Dragon Rescue Society. These hapless dragons will be given a second chance to find an appropriate home. Adoption Applications will be accepted at the inns in all the towns of Gael Serran. Please be prepared to submit a vet reference!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 04:55 PM   #5
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Ha ha ha! Indeed I had burned all of the hair off my head (and other parts of my body) getting those shots!

I wish I had taken pictures of the fools who charmed those dragons! One group of the foul ruffians and rogue magicians turned poor Rufus into stone, and tried to roll him into the sea to see if he'd float or sink!

Scaramouches! They managed to roll him halfway there before they all pooped out, by that time Rufus recovered and scorched their butts good!

Hmm, I'm still not sure who was behind this, but I'd wager a certain green haired Pixie may have to bring them to justice!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Best

Scronan

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Scronan ]

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Scronan ]

Old 11-09-2001, 10:35 PM   #6
Moni

Yet another informative issue for a mind that needs examining!
Those poor dragons! Wyv, you are a saint! All I can offer is a poster at the vet's office! I have no room left for any more animals!

Excellent photos Scronan! Awlways on the ball, you are! I understand sometimes they are fireballs but we appreciate the news and sympathsize with your pain and hair loss!
Sorry you didn't get a shot of the perps! I would have offered my scanner to put up wanted posters everywhere!
I am glad to hear that Rufus is OK!

Let's hope this dastardly "game" finally ends!