Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 08:37 AM   #1
Eternal
Manshoon

ok well i just had a fight with the infamous shadowlord.

first i turned thaxlilliaiaiaia or whatever the dragons name is into a squirrel, followed by a finger of death.

so i take the scales leaving a dragons carcass to fill the room... right now im all pumped up right.
now i know the shade lord doesnt win any toughest boss of the year awards n all buuuut, this is downright ridiculous.

i went in their right after the fight with thax ... when shades meaningless speech was finally over the respawning shades started to appear.
my mages were near death and unprotected
so i decided viconia should cast sunray to kill the first batch a them critters so i can summon the fellas.

well.................... ... .. . that was it,
viconia casted sunray n they all died.

jesus...i mean what the hell.those annoying timestopping lichs in the dungeon gave me more trouble.
witch is really cool by the way i spent most time in that lame dungeon turning the lichs and playing with their timestop spells hehehehe (dont ya jsut love timestop) uhmm anyway

how this guy ever got to have a pet dragon is beyond me.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

Erm, I assume you're of a very high level at the moment? The Temple Ruins quest is already easy when you're level 9-ish, except for the dragon... Going there with a level high enough to be able to cast Fingers of Death and Sunrays is pretty much overkill.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:05 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

But, on the other hand, Grojlach, it does make life easier [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:09 AM   #4
Butterfingers
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe now people will understand the cryptic remark I made a long time ago about Daystar. Keep it handy and use it on creatures of shadowy origin.
Butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:24 AM   #5
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I know what youre talking about. He must be the biggest letdown of the game. 1-2 sunrays or 2-3 fireballs makes a short work out of them all. I wonder why Thaxll´Sillyia stands these folks. He would have enough power to make a dinner out of Shade Lord, Altar and Shadows alltogether.. and dance in the meanwhile.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:00 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I find that ALL creatures that are Undead or otherwise vulnerable to Sunray are pretty much a pushover. For instance, I was kinda nervous about going back to Bodhi's Lair without my Cleric (It really takes the fun out of fighting Vampires when you've got a Level 20 Turn Undead that you can't use), but I decided I had a good Undead Hunter in the form of Minsc. We set him up to Tank, using the MOD+1, potioned him to the gills, and oh my GOD did he plow through them!! Even Bodhi herself was a laugh: I gave Minsc Vhailor's Helm, to get twice as much Minsc and twice as much Daystar, but it turned out to be completely unneccesary: The very first Sunray blasted the fiend from this plane of existence. And I was spoiling for a good fight, too.....

The Shade Lord has ALWAYS been pathetic. I'm surprised Weimer hasn't beefed him up yet. (Or has he?)
Old 02-03-2003, 12:43 PM   #7
weimer
The Magister

If you have Solaufein in your party, he and the shade lord have a little chat and the Shade Lord gets some extra beef. I've been told that it makes the combat "almost difficult" and "certainly surprising".
weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:09 PM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by weimer:
If you have Solaufein in your party, he and the shade lord have a little chat and the Shade Lord gets some extra beef. I've been told that it makes the combat "almost difficult" and "certainly surprising".
I loved it! One of the highlights of Sola's interjections, if you ask me. First, the God vs. Goddess battle is too good for words to describe (really!). Second, it makes the battle much harder (as Rassadihn once wrote in his "Loose thoughts on Solaufein" thread), which is always a welcomed thing. Good job, Wes. Keep it up!
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:12 PM   #9
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I find that ALL creatures that are Undead or otherwise vulnerable to Sunray are pretty much a pushover.
Exactly. Add MoD+2 and Protection from Undead scrolls to the equation, and as a result, Clerics blow. It is unfortunate.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:38 PM   #10
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Nothing kills Undead better than a high level Cleric. Instant death to anything undead in over a screen's radius, no save, no check for any resistances what so ever, works on every single bloody undead monster in the game.

Though it's possible to come pretty close with other methods, thus the question is if it's worth to have a cleric just to become even more superior to the undead

[ 02-03-2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]