Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Smiley

Ok, some 2 years ago I was in Ukraine, and found English versions of Half Life 2. Next to it was another game Half-Life 2: Return of the Resisatance, also in English. Thinking it to be some expansion pack I bought both.

Now after 2 years I finally got the time to start the games. Now the surprising thing is I found absolutely nothing about this Half-Life 2 Return of the Resistance. Nothing on the official web page, nothing on wikipedia. Not even on the wikipedia mod list. Even google turned up nothing about this expansion.

So how is it that no one heard of it. It takes a whole of 2 CDs. I just installed to check it. It has a normal single player campaign... I just find it strange that no one heard of it before.

Is it just one of those crazy mods that they've got tons of for different games in Russia (most of which are unfortunately in Russian or Ukranian)?

I'm playing the original Half-Life 2 campaign (and enjoying it very much). After I finish it I'll give the Return of The Resistance a go and see how it is.

EDIT:
ok a google search finally got this
http://halflife2.levels4you.com/down...or=WhiteLegion
http://files.vgpro.com/file/1427

However, the date of this file on the webapge April 18th is AFAIR after I bought mine. And the thing I have takes 2 full CDs, not just an 18 MB file.
But...
The description at the back of my CD (which is thankfully in Russian, and not Ukrainian), says exactly the same thing that the description of the map on the webpage says: The Combine got a new super weapon, freeman must stop the... etc etc...
So maybe my mod is the full version of that...

[ 01-14-2007, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 01-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

It seem to be a mod, yes. I didn't know they sold those in boxes.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The 2 CDs are most likely the engine, and it takes a whole of 18 megabytes to obtain the game if you already have HL2.