Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2001, 07:37 AM   #171
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Yes so I saw. Someday we'll have to discuss the concept of 'tact' when exploring an idea
250 will be in safe hands, then.

------------------
Old 09-08-2001, 08:37 AM   #172
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
250 will be in safe hands, then.

ROFLMAO!!!! Ohhhh, laughing so much it hurts!

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 10:02 AM   #173
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I have no problem with the US, only it's president, saying no to the Kyoto treaty was a pretty bad idea, and increasing the allowed amounts of various unhealthy things in the american water and air wasn't a stroke of genius either, the only consolation is that he won't be president in 3 years, unless the IQ of the average american falls by about 30 points, if that happens then he might get voted for again.
Old 09-08-2001, 10:50 AM   #174
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Don't waste your time with the 2nd link it brings up a page error, and the first link is obviously one-sided....John D. weren't you one of those that wanted numbers from both sides but then proceed to give us numbers from one side...shame, shame...and did you read any of my posts on why the economy sucked under Reagan?

Moridin, sorry about the second link I don't know why it comes up as a page not found try this http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/3795/1980-88.htm and scroll down to the Reagan era. If that doesn't work you can get to it from the first page, just go to the links on the left, when that comes up go to the right column about half way down "the reagan era" (my mistake again its the link below the "Reagan era") click on that it will get you to the page listed above. I'll let you number crunchers decifer it, what I read (and what little I was able to follow) is sourced pretty well, not all from republican sources, but neutral sources. It does show that the deficit went up.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 11:23 AM   #175
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Remember the great Peace Dividend that was going to free up so much money after the collapse of the Soviet Union? Whatever happened to it? Hell, even now there is talk of increasing the size of the military again.

LOL -- this thread has produced many topics that deserve their own threads. Perhaps this is one of them

Btw, Magik -- I don't need to take your word for it. I remember it very well. I am not much younger than you. Was born in 1966.
Diogenes, Wasn't most of the peace dividend used up in the S&L fiasco? I agree that Reagan and the Republicans "screwed the pooch" on that one. My sphixnster is still sore on that one and I didn't even get a "kiss out of it" did you?

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 09:40 PM   #176
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
when America innovated FREE SPEECH.
Eh?

And The Country before America with the constitutional right to petition greivances against their goverment was? Which one had freedom of the press too? Perhaps there is a goverment of days past I am completely unschooled on? Please enlighten me Yorick, if I haven't misunderstood your question.

Old 09-08-2001, 11:51 PM   #177
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I have to say something, I do not represent other world leaders, however

I DO NOT trust Bush (I am not a good politician, am I? )
Old 09-09-2001, 01:20 PM   #178
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Bumping for Moridin
I thunk I got the link thingy done right in my post on page 7
(Edit) I reposted the link a little farthe down on page 7
------------------

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 09-09-2001).]
Old 05-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #179
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
unless the IQ of the average american falls by about 30 points, if that happens then he might get voted for again.
I don't think you can drop below zero Neb.
Just kidding guys
Old 05-07-2002, 01:25 PM   #180
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Im fairly confident American leadership is seen as arrogant and inflexible, at the least. Our so-called leader has thumbed his nose at many world agreements, that matter to the rest of the world and to people here as well. Ranging from the Kyoto treaty, banning landmines, and the ABM treaty. Corporations influence the current American govt to the point of control and they care about profit more than the enviroment. Alls I can say to the rest of the world is wait, in four years it'll all change. I just hope that during this time the Bush doesn't rekindle the military industrial complex that fueled the cold war, for he sure is pushing Russia's buttons with the whole ABM and missle defense thing.
You are off topic and unqualified to even post on this thread....you live in the USA...the question was to people from outside the USA.

Just wanted to point this out to all you USA types who posted here...only the NON-US members should be posting in this thread.

[ 05-07-2002, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]