Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 02:46 PM   #151
skywalker
Banned User

I wonder how many world leaders trust George W. Bush?

Mark
Old 09-07-2001, 04:32 PM   #152
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

Mark
I don't, for one

Old 09-07-2001, 04:38 PM   #153
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:

Mark
I doubt you would want to know the answer, my estimate lies between zero and one.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-07-2001, 04:43 PM   #154
skywalker
Banned User

Kaz! You wanna bet? I was tempted to ask how many here trust him, but I figured that would explode into a big mess.

You're all right, I like your attitude!

Mark
Old 09-07-2001, 05:55 PM   #155
G'kar

Wow, how American! To tell other Americans to shut up and leave if you have a problem with America,when America innovated FREE SPEECH. Hmmmm..... I just hope the rest of the world doesnt judge all of us by our ignorant leaders and hot-headed big mouths.

Old 09-07-2001, 07:32 PM   #156
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I don't, for one

Gosh, 250! I didn't know you were a world leader, lol!

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 07:43 PM   #157
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Gosh, 250! I didn't know you were a world leader, lol!

well, maybe its like one of those African countries... a new leader every week! or something like that...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-07-2001, 09:57 PM   #158
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

THE GAME bottom of the 9th 0-0 score
Diogenes of Pumpkintown is on the Pitcher's mound, Dio is a talented pitcher, who specializes in the counselor's curve ball. Dio winds up and delivers a pitch.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
You are sounding like Rush Limbaugh.
An obvious bean ball aimed at Magik's head. The conserv's bench rises the rush the mound. A lone figure stands in the dugout and says to the rest of the conserv team.
"Ladies and gentlemen go ahead and sit back down I got this one".
John D. mowzies (southern country for slow walk) to the plate. Hocks up a lugie and deposits it in his hand, then rubs his palms together. Gripping the bat, John D. steps into the batters-box. Slowly swinging the bat with his right hand, John D. points with his left hand to straight awy center field, the deepest part of center field, Dio' home turf, "civics". John D. then smiles at Dio, like a "mule eating briars", and puts his left hand in his pocket.
Diogenes starts his whined-up (pun intended) and delivers his patiented counselor's curve ball.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Look, whatever else one might say about Ronald Reagan, the fact is that the National Debt had its biggest increase in history during his administration. It is pure bogus propaganda of the Reagan era worshippers that this was the fault of Congress.

The official budget records show, in no uncertain terms, that the budget bills passed by Congress were NOT larger than the proposed bills submitted by Reagan to Congress. You cannot claim that Congress spent more than Reagan had intended.

Under Reagan, the US underwent the biggest peacetime military buildup in the history of the country. That could not be done for free. It cost a LOT of money.

Whatever you might think about the necessity of the buildup (whether it was justified or not) the fact is that it was the prime reason for the huge increase in National Debt in the 80s.
John D. swings

What is the highest law in the land? (the USA)

CRACK, Solid contact, never looking up John D. says to the catcher.
"You better get anothger ball , that one is gone".
John D. walks towards 1st base.

Where does that law state all bills retaining to money (budget) must originate?
How do those budget bills start out? How do those budget bills get out of committee? Who controled those commitees in the 1980's ? After the budget bill leaves the committees where does it go? Who controled that body?

Leisurely John D. steps on 1st and heads towards 2nd base.

Can a President introduce a budget bill directly to the floor of the House? If not, how must a President introduce a budget bill? Who controls the bill once it has been introduced Congress or the President? Can Congress change a budget bill once it has been introduced?

2nd base, turning for 3rd

Who controled the Congress at the time President Reagan was in office? Can the President change a bill once it has been voted on by Congress? Or must a President sign it in total or veto it in total?

Rounding 3rd and heading for Home plate.

So let me get this straight. A budget bill must originate in the House of Reps., in the appropriate (as in correct, although most if not all budget bills start in the appropriations commitee) commitee. Both of which were controled by the Democrats during the 1980's. Even a budget bill introduced by President Reagan has to pass both a Democrat controled House and Senate. All the budgets were Democrat sponsored, the only reason President Reagan got the tax cuts passed in 1981 & 1982 was because for those two years He had a Republican Senate, that stuck to their guns. President Reagan only recieved Democrat sponsered budget bills that He either had to sign, or veto correct? So, lets explore those options.
Sign: Sign a bill that gives Him the military build up he wants (only for the first couple of years), and none of the promised spending cuts from the Democrats (remember not Reagan's budget). Keep the country running, and protect the country from that "Big Bear" (USSR) that has promised to run us into the ground.
Veto: Veto a bill that gives Him the military build up he wants (only for the first couple of years), and none of the promised spending cuts from the Democrats (remember not Reagan's budget). Throw the country into chaos (remember what was said about the 1997 budget crisis), and give the "Big Bear" an opening. Then hope that the Democrat controled Congress passes His budget. Yeah, right
So, it's President Reagan's fault that the only budgets ,Democrat sponsored, are the ones passed into and He has to sign into law? Budgets that He had no real say over when the Democrat controled House and Senate were deciding how much money would be spent and where that money would go. Very interesting!

John D. steps on home, turns to the left side of the field, and gives himself a well deserved scratch. John D. walks up to Diogenes and says.
"nice spin on that pitch, but I saw it all the way with the help of These"

http://reagan.webteamone.com/reagan_budgets.html (simple easy to read layout)
http://home.att.net/~mwhodges/1980-88.htm (seriously explore this one it has a lot of imfo for you people that are number cunchers)(sorry about that the first time I typed it in my hamfists got in the wat )

thus ends tonight's Game

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 09-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 10:04 PM   #159
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
also, shouldn't Rahnib (and everyone else who served in US army here) consider that the country he had fought so hard for is turning into something he did not expect? just my guess. don't be offended

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-07-2001).]
Just what is my country turning into that I should be offended by it?

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-08-2001, 12:24 AM   #160
G'kar

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:

Just a parting thought, why is it o.k. for others to ignore your post on flaming and post a message on hot headed big mouths? Definately a bit one sided.

I was actual refering to a style of argument, American or otherwise, when I used the phrase "hot-headed big mouths". A good example of an American public figure who fits that description is Rush Limbaugh in his Clinton-flaming hey-day. Alot of talk and no substance. Kind of like Bush's promises to ban all stem cell research and to withdraw American troops from the Balkans. Or any unkept campiagn promise in the history of elections. Another way to put it is "full of hot air".
I did not and do not direct any critism personally to any individual(s) on this forum, even if they reflect such a style in expressing their opinion.

Liliara, While I may disagree with your viewpoint concerning the issue, I certainly hold you in the highest esteem to have an opinion and I won't knock you for being passionate about it either.

[This message has been edited by G'kar (edited 09-08-2001).]