Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 10:48 AM   #91
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Foot and Mouth isn't really a European problem, only a British one. There have been a few cases reported in France, Holland and Ireland but there have been over 2,000 in Britain. The cost to the economy has been estimated as £4.1 billion (that's a British billion rather than an American billion ) 20 to 30 thousand jobs may be lost in the tourist industry and there has been a 10% decrease in foreign visitors to Britain (mostly you woossy Americans )

Foot and Mouth disease can't be caught by humans, I love to eat beef but then again I'm mad anyway.

Foot and Mouth disease in Holland was 14 cases al centrated about 10km north of where i live
the crises took 1 or 2 months

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either
But i DO have a Desert Eagle

Old 09-06-2001, 10:50 AM   #92
skywalker
Banned User

What it boils down to is this, the environment is just fine, no need for alarm! And if by some chance this isn't quite right, well, fixing it will cost too much. The economy is much more important than the health and wellbeing of future generations. Hell, I won't be around when it all gets really bad, so why should I worry?

Mark (This is Sarcasm, in caseyou didn't notice!)
Old 09-06-2001, 10:57 AM   #93
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I am really annoyed about the global warming problem. MagiK, so we can't prove that global warming is influenced by our CO2 emissions (although i don't agree on this point AT ALL). However, we can't prove that it ISN'T influenced by CO2 emissions. Isn't it better to be safe than sorry? I agree, the costs would be high, but I'm sure I don't have to list the possible consequences of global warming. And also, 1 degree Farenheit (it was more here I think) increase in average temperature in 100 years is a bit VERY MUCH for it to be a natural occurence. I'm researching the volcano thing, I'm not sure about the exact figure of greenhouse gases an eruption releases into the air, but one thing I know: Big volcano eruptions don't exactly happen very often. Whereas we pollute the air on a regular basis.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-06-2001, 11:03 AM   #94
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I just found a site that says
Quote:
There are five gases that are produced by volcanic activity. All of these gases are harmful except for water vapor. These five gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, fluorine, and chlorine. Carbon dioxide is one of the main causes of the Greenhouse effect, but there are not significant amounts for the carbon dioxide emitted from volcanic eruptions to contribute to the Greenhouse effect. Humanity is responsible for emitting 110 billion tons of carbon dioxide each year, while volcanoes only contribute 10 billion tons (Fisher). Sulfur dioxide can have a short-term effect on the weather. A
sulfuric acid aerosol can remain in the atmosphere for years after an eruption (Fisher). This aerosol blocks the sun and causes cooler temperatures globally. The sulfur dioxide eventually depletes, but is replenished by each eruption rich in sulfur dioxide. Fluorine can be a deadly to animals after aneruption. It tends to condense in rain and coat grasses and plants (Fisher). The fluorine is poisonous toanimals that eat the fluorine-coated grass and plants. Chlorine is emitted as hydrochloric acid into theatmosphere. Chlorine destroys the ozone layer that protects the DNA of plants and animals (Fisher).Water vapor is the only one of these gases that helps society by replenishing the water supply.
http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/society/volcanoes.htm

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-06-2001, 06:01 PM   #95
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
Coming from a person in the US i agree with most of this. But in our defense in the Airplane crash insident it was just as much China's fault.
What the hell was that plane doing there anyway? and record show that the american plane was send towards the chinese plane not the other way around

Quote:
Also they were seen trying to steel the clasified information and sensors on the plain whail they held it. Luckfully the crew erased all the info and destroyed all or most of the classified materials on the harddrives on the plane for just that case.

Well What the hell was a Spyplane doing in China? it's logical the chinese wanted to know what the americans were up to

Quote:
Also what was with them not giving us back the piolets?? Or opoligizing for running into our plane according to the piolets there at fault just as much?

As it was said before it was mainly the fault of the americans as the chinese were pretty much on a routine mission

I'm not sure if someone has already replied to this but 1 The us plane was operating in international waters by a safe margin. 2 How do you ram a fighter with a flying bus ? And how do call buzzing aircraft a routine mission ? Do they go flying around going look its some one to bother !

And on information gathering flights, the Russians constatly flew directly into US air to test our responses and they all made it home.
Old 09-06-2001, 09:45 PM   #96
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
What it boils down to is this, the environment is just fine, no need for alarm! And if by some chance this isn't quite right, well, fixing it will cost too much. The economy is much more important than the health and wellbeing of future generations. Hell, I won't be around when it all gets really bad, so why should I worry?

Mark (This is Sarcasm, in caseyou didn't notice!)
hmm, nice impersonation of the typical American... its a shame that it seems like none of the people who are in power in the States seems to care about that anywhere near how much they put in their pocket. and the political system is so corrupt its not even funny. power is no longer made by the people here, it is bought from corporations who promote the man's campaign until were all too brainwashed to vote for anyone else. im not even gonna start on the media, theres just too much to hate there...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-06-2001, 11:01 PM   #97
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hmm, nice impersonation of the typical American... its a shame that it seems like none of the people who are in power in the States seems to care about that anywhere near how much they put in their pocket. and the political system is so corrupt its not even funny. power is no longer made by the people here, it is bought from corporations who promote the man's campaign until were all too brainwashed to vote for anyone else. im not even gonna start on the media, theres just too much to hate there...

I've kept silent as long as I can.

I can understand other countries putting America down, but when it comes to my supposed fellow countrymen airing our dirty laundry for the whole world to see, I begin to get irate!

I am tired of the so called 'Americans' here putting down our country. If you have problems that are so bad that you feel you need to discuss them with everyone around the world, then you obviously feal that you would have it better somewhere else. My response? GO THERE!!!!!!!!

You bring shame to the men who have fought and died to keep America the superpower that it is! I understand not aggreeing with everything that happens here, but keep it among Americans!

If you love this country, then keep the family's problems within the family!

------------------
Old 09-06-2001, 11:06 PM   #98
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

to those who are still sensitive on the subject of plane crashs. stop it man. it is a good half year since the incident. and hell, you are not going to convince me, and same with the other way round. it is getting annoying

and to many enviromentalists and political analyzists (no sarcastic meant)here, I am quit ignorant at the subject of conservation and protecting the enviroment.

please answer some of the questions:

1) why should I care about enviroment?

2) whats in it for me? (all for us)

3) what can you do to proceed your ideas?

4) Is the cost realistic?

5) What makes you think that I will listen to you while there are already so many problems to attend to in this country? (USA)

6) HOW can you make your plan profitable?

I do sound cruel, but lets hope you give some innovative and inspirational answers
Old 09-06-2001, 11:11 PM   #99
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:

I've kept silent as long as I can.

I can understand other countries putting America down, but when it comes to my supposed fellow countrymen airing our dirty laundry for the whole world to see, I begin to get irate!

I am tired of the so called 'Americans' here putting down our country. If you have problems that are so bad that you feel you need to discuss them with everyone around the world, then you obviously feal that you would have it better somewhere else. My response? GO THERE!!!!!!!!

You bring shame to the men who have fought and died to keep America the superpower that it is! I understand not aggreeing with everything that happens here, but keep it among Americans!

If you love this country, then keep the family's problems within the family!

while I certainly agree with your attitude, but I have to say: enviromental is not a "family" problem. there are another 50 billion population live next door to you

and American government's policy WAS and IS and WILL BE affecting the ways other countries operate. so why not make it a good use? In fact, I totally disagree with "keep it to american" slogan
Old 09-06-2001, 11:34 PM   #100
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

You want honest skepticism? How about this. All those wonderful figures that are being thrown out there, trying to blame the USA. Answer this for me. What is the total energy consumption (fossil fuels since that is emssions producer)of the USA as expressed in percentage of the world's yearly out-put? Now what is the total percentage of yearly emissions?
How do those two compare? (Example only)USA 50% energy consumption 40% emissions. Now give me the total energy consum. (fossil fuels) expressed in percentage of the other countries and their total emmisons expressed in percentage. (Example only)
China 10% consumption 20% emissions. How do the other counties stack up as far as efficiency to the USA? Then answer me this which counties are the most efficient? Which counties are the least efficient? I'm willing to bet that the USA is in the top 5, not the top 5%, efficient countries. Now answer me this where is the piss'n moun'n about the countries that are at the bottom? If your trying to sell this to me you better come with all the facts not just the ones that seem to support you side. I've been around long enough to know that people like to present the facts that only support their side. One side of an argument always sounds right until the other side is heard! Show me both sides if your right you have nothing to fear from showing both sides. I learned along time ago to lay both sides out on the table and let the chips fall where they may. If the USA is not one of the most efficient then feel free to piss & moun.
But if the USA is then piss & moun about the others and get them to clean their act up first (pun intended).

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"