Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
armakh
Manshoon

First, I have not gotten past exploring the Arnika/Trynton Road after going all through Arnika yet, but my game slows down to about half speed when I go into Arnika. I'm running Celeron processor, shut down all the programs running in the background and stuff, and it still slows down, but so far just for that area. The roads and Monestaries worked just fine. Any bright ideas on how to help speed up in Arnika?
Old 02-24-2002, 12:38 PM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hi armakh!

I guess you'll have to live with that, in my experience Arnika is the hardest area for the processor, though I haven't yet been everywhere... I also run a celeron, not much RAM and an 8MB graphics card, and it helped a lot to cut down to 800x600 res, though I really missed the higher in the first place, but I got used to it. Also, in the back of the manual is described what options you can turn on/off to gain some speed. Most don't help all too much, but if you take more than one, it becomes better. I don't even notice that I don't have "smooth monster animation", but I really need the "mesh sky" (looks awfull without). A good idea is to restart (the game, better: the system) every now and then, especially if you're wandering around a lot... Hope that helps!

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp
Old 02-24-2002, 05:03 PM   #3
Mage_77
Manshoon

Im currently running Wiz 8 on a p2 300 celeron and dont have any trouble with Arnika or anywhere else.

What cpu are you using ? Celeron p2? 3? how many MHZ?

what 3dfx card? how much Ram?

It might be simple fact you need some more ram or to update your 3dfx card drivers.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:32 PM   #4
armakh
Manshoon

I have 63 megs of RAM, can't find what kind of Celeron (I can figger out just enough to get myself into trouble) Running DirectX7 (is there higher out?) Thanks for the help. I tried tweaking the settings with smoothing and stuff and didn't really notice any difference. And I agree about the mesh sky thing.