Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2002, 10:10 PM   #1
Ilythiiri
The Magister

is there anyway to prevent Malcor from getting back Drizzt's items?
i want his scimitars!!...
Old 10-06-2002, 01:37 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

By the time that you meet him in the game I think his swords are crap compared to what you have at this point.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:52 AM   #3
Odin IV
Elite Waterdeep Guard

you could use the spoiler Ctrl J to jump to a different area on the map after you saw he was gating to you (the spell that looks like a gate appear). he won't cast any spell (like imprison) you or anything. he might chase after you if you go into a different zone but do the same thing and he become 'harmless' and i use that word with caution, damn the man i kept hitting him for 40 dmg and the bastard wouldn't die. However, he won't follow you to hell so you don't have to worry about making new Grizz's scimitars in hell

i dunno which weapons would be better than that sword, any suggestion?
Old 10-07-2002, 02:54 AM   #4
Ilythiiri
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
By the time that you meet him in the game I think his swords are crap compared to what you have at this point.
i need the scimitars for jaheria... there aren't any good scimitars around other than drizzt's...
Old 10-07-2002, 03:52 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~weimer/bgate/ease.html
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 03:54 AM   #6
dragon_lord
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilythiiri:
i need the scimitars for jaheria... there aren't any good scimitars around other than drizzt's...
Well if you have TOB; the Spectral Brand and Scimitar +3 are good. Personally i give the Blackblood +3 to Jaheira, then the Club of Dentonation once i get to TOB.
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:22 AM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilythiiri:
i need the scimitars for jaheria... [/QB]
Better one of them can be wielded only by good characters (Jaheira is neutral).
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 12:39 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Drizzt's Defender is still the only weapon in the game that gives a -2 AC bonus. (The Malakar's -2 is only against Slashing weapons.) Jaheira can't use it, and his Frostbrand is no better than the Scimitar+3 from Chapter 5. The only truly good weapons that Druids can use are Blackblood, the Gnasher, and the Spectral Brand--I'd rather use a +1 Dagger than the Club of Detonation.

With luck, the Thief MOD will include some rather nice Clubs, which will please Druids, Cleric/Thieves, and Beast Masters. There's also a nifty Warhammer that only Beast Masters can use (it's made of bone, not metal).