Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2002, 12:29 PM   #1
morningstar
The Magister

Well at last I finished the game! It was great, although I was a little let down with Cet being shown in a book at the end. Would have liked a movie presentation of it and a grand welcome for the hero at the end back at Valeia. Sooooo....I am going to start another game with the same characters to see how far they can develop. The whole family watched the end and thought it was great. It has taken me months to do it. Couldn't have done it without the walkthroughs though. It was quite a complicated game for a PC game. By the way the game only cost me $9.99 Australian, on special, good buy eh? Thanks everyone for the the help, and now I'm hooked on the Forum!!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 12:33 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, morningstar!!!

I think most players think the ending was a bit of a let down but I think that is the result of the game being rushed to market and ideas/plans getting cut. The rest of the game is so much fun, that it didn't bother me that much. I'm really glad to hear that you'll be playing again and sticking around on the board as well, I hope!

Wyv
Old 07-29-2002, 12:36 PM   #3
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

GOOD JOB!!!

I hope you keep playing or helping out on this board.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:40 PM   #4
morningstar
The Magister

Thanks everyone, I was at Art Class today and couldn't wait to get home to finish the game and get on the Forum. You'll be seeing me around for a while yet!
Old 07-29-2002, 12:49 PM   #5
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
You'll be seeing me around for a while yet!
Thats a good thing.
Loumistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:53 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

ART CLASS?? What kind?

I'm an artist. I work in oils and do "portraits of forest floors" - sounds weird but looks great! One of my projects for this summer (which is passing by too quickly) is to get a web site set up for my work.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:46 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Again, congrats on finishing, morningstar. Have fun with your next go-around!

One of the things I did was to try different configurations -- different races, along with a solo run -- just to see how the game would play differently. But there's nothing like that first time through of completing the game, for sure!

And I agree about the letdown -- I wanted something a little more substantial for all my efforts on behalf of the Gael Serran. Something more than "Here's a golden sword and a pension".

Looking forward to seeing you around...

*B*
Minister, etc. (ret.)
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 07:11 PM   #8
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Congratulations!!!!!

If Gareth were alive, I'm sure he would have insisted on having a 'Grand Welcome' for You and your Hero's....But I guess you'll just have to settle for us....

Welcome to the Club. I hope you'll enjoy it as much, the second time through....
This time you get to play with the game, instead of playing it....

One thing I might suggest... ...If you have the 'Petrification' spell, us it on the 'Strange Traveler', outside of Valeia....Save him until your crew can handle all those points, (without going up 3 levels) then use 'Stone to Flesh' to thaw him out.

I forgot to ask...and you forgot to tell us...Are there any new Valkyries or Zenmasters at the Inn?

[ 07-29-2002, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 07-30-2002, 04:05 AM   #9
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Congratulations Morningstar, Not only did you get through the game faster than I did but you got a bargain when you bought it. I paid $10.00AUD when I bought it for my kids for xmas. Now where's the expansion or sequal? [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2002, 08:04 AM   #10
morningstar
The Magister

Hi everyone,
thanks for the congrats. Wvern, please post your website for us so we can see it when you do it. My daughter and I are taking watercolor pencil classes with a Book Illustrator who is famous for her wildlife. Her name is Janet Matthews, and a very good teacher, my daughter wants to be a book illustrator and I went with her to see what the class was like. it is great and we are doing well! I am an oil artist and have been for many years. Have won a couple of awards, not big ones though, but still an achiement eh? My daughter likes forests too and horses. I like fantasy art and haven't found someone who gives classes here yet. Packrat, I didn't get Valkyries or Zenmasters but I am looking towards getting a Zenmaster this time round. Kev my daughter wants to know what your picture is of and where did you get it? It is a good one. By the way, how do you put a picture on like you did?