Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2002, 05:17 PM   #1
Angry Dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

after i got back from the underdark, i walked into the copper cornet. note that i took yoshimo out of my party when i left for the underdark, i told him to wait in the city until i came back. the very second i walk into the copper cornet, yoshimo dies. from the looks of it he gets hit by an arrow, but not sure. whats going on?
Old 04-06-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

!!!SPOILER!!!
If you take Yoshimo with you to the asylum in brynlaw you find that he was a traitor!! (people in background make amazed sounds) YES A TRAITOR!! He served Jon with a geas on his soul. And the geas made it so he had to obey or he would die. just like that. POOF!! So since he wasnt with you at the asylum he disobeyed Jon and BOOM!! He died.
Too bad.
Old 04-06-2002, 05:24 PM   #3
Lord Delarue
The Magister

How did you get yoshimo past the underdark? Cause IMO, you can only get him to the asylum where
Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-

--
-
-
-
-
-
-
he attacks you, or when you make him leave your party before that, it's just standard game thing, the fact that he dies
Old 04-07-2002, 04:53 AM   #4
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes... I tried leaving him just outside Spellhold once... and when I walked outside BlAM... his guts exploded and he fell dead on the ground The bloody Geas got too him
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 06:14 AM   #5
shadowhound

I can remember when Yoshimo first betrayed me, i just kind of sat there stunned for a while then started swearing at the computer because i enjoyed having Yoshimo in my team.
Old 04-07-2002, 06:18 AM   #6
Glorfindel

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
I can remember when Yoshimo first betrayed me, i just kind of sat there stunned for a while then started swearing at the computer because i enjoyed having Yoshimo in my team.
LOL! SH!!!! Well The first time I played I killed Yoshimo on sight.... I didnt even know he was an NPC... I just got my ppl to attack him straight away... and he died [img]smile.gif[/img] ... NEway the 2nd time My reasction was a bit like urs SH
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 06:36 AM   #7
shadowhound

whenever you call me SH, i keep thinking that you are about to swear at me lol.
Old 04-07-2002, 10:42 AM   #8
Kaneida
The Magister

If I made the game, I would want Yoshima to continue. I would write something like having a special quest to remove the geas and in the meantime Yoshimo's body remains as an inventory item until the quest is done.

I didn't like the idea that Yoshimo's life ended. I felt he had potential to be like an information guy, someone with access to a plethora of information because he was a thief and kinda knew his way around.
Kaneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 11:44 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You can save his soul, just take his heart to the temple of Ilmather on top of the cooper coronet.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

True. Would that you could save his status as a recruitable NPC as well as his tormented soul. If you really miss your Yoshimo that much, you can go quasi-Multiplayer and create a new Yoshimo that has the exact same stats, EXP, etc, but naturally isn't as fun to have around. I had to do that myself with another of the NPCs that leaves permanently, but I couldn't afford not to have around.