Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #1
TwilightKing
Dungeon Master

Can you add events to combat? I want to check to see if Enemy A is killed, then Enemy B & C will die immediately, and Enemy D will attempt to flee. Enemies E through X will remain in combat until destroyed by the characters.

Can this be done?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

Nope. I know that CocoaSpud wants to add some stuff to combat that isn't a copy of FRUA, but that will be after version 1.0

-manikus
Old 04-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
TwilightKing
Dungeon Master

Oh well. Thanks for the reply. I'll have to rethink the encounter, maybe change a lot of it around. It won't play like the original module, but it should be pretty cool (and fun!) by DC/FRUA standards.

Then after version 1.0 I'll retool it..maybe!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:44 AM   #4
Steve McDonald
The Magister

By adjusting the morale value of particular monsters you may be able to determine at what point in the combat they will flee. The lower the morale, the sooner they will flee (or if they are more intellegent, surrender - so to have them flee lower their intellegence). At least that is how it worked in FRUA. If it is not the same in DC then it is something to be added to the list I guess.

You will not be able to put in any text explanation about why they are doing what they do, of course, and it may not work exactly as you planned every time.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:58 AM   #5
TwilightKing
Dungeon Master

Thanks Steve.

I did consider the morale option, but it would, like you said, there would be no text explanation as to what is really going on.

I am opting to split the encounter in two, it should work ok, at least as a climax to the adventure.

As I read through the module (again!) I am understanding more and more of encounters that will or will not work in DC. I am sure many who tried to convert old modules to FRUA ran into similar problems MANY times.