Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 07:50 AM   #1
skier9205
Manshoon

VERY MINOR SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I'm soloing with a 8th level thief dualed to a 10th level mage and I am having some trouble with the bridge district quest. Whenever I go to fight the assassin and the two Ghasts in the basement I always get held and get killed. I cast stoneskin and armor on my character before I go in, but at lvl. 10 there's not a lot. B/C I dualed from a thief I can use a short sword so if anybody has some suggestions on how I can beat this I'd like to read them.

Also, I've played through the game before with an entire party but I don't remember which quests I can do to get some XP that have little fighting in them. Thanks.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 10:37 AM   #2
PoesRaven
Manshoon

If you let me know what the quest is called, i may be able to help. If it is the one about the Tanner, perhaps put your main character at the back of the party and let one of the other muppets (no ofence to NPc's but they really are only cannon fodder [img]smile.gif[/img] )face the hold effect. I never encountered any hold spells in this level, but then i was at a V high level, and the 'Battle' didnt last long.
The Umar Hills provides many missions for EXP, with little of no fighting (except the shadow dungeon). As a thief you may well be able to use stealth and bacvkstab the few battles that are around.
PoesRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 10:51 AM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

quote:
put your main character at the back of the party

Except he's soloing [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think he is referring to the Tanner quest, as that's the only basement with the Rune Assassins (nasty) and Ghasts. Stoneskin doesn't protect you from the Ghasts hold technique, and nither does mirror image IIRC. The Rune assassins are particually nasty as they are level 12 fighters/level 12 thieves I think. Use skull traps and fireballs to kill the ghasts quickly, and run upstairs and save before the Rune's reach you. Stoneskin will help you here, as will mirror image and protection from magical weapons (which you may not have yet). Cast horror to scare them, then bombard them with magic missiles, fireballs, cone of cold and all other offensive spells. The area effect ones will be absorbed by mirror image so your mage will be unharmed.

To gain XP, try the harpers quest after rescuing Renfold (occurs randomly walking from location to location). They give you 20,000 XP just for picking up a bird!!!
Do the Sir Sales quest and Dawn Ring quest at the temples for little or no fighting and decent XP for you solo char.
Circus quest has minimal fighting since most are illusions.
Give littleman the bear back to the boy in the graveyard and find a caretaker for the orphan. That's just a few off the top of my head, I'm sure there are loads more.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2002, 02:31 PM   #4
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Also quite easy is the "alive burials" quest. Only two small fights and a lot of asking around.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote