Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2003, 09:49 PM   #1
rhapsody407
Manshoon

Being a mac user, i have no shadowkeeper, and, AFAIK there is no such editor for the mac OS, nor can i seem to get it to work via Virtual PC (doesn't read mac bg2 character files). I want to mod the characters special abilities and his resistances a bit (in lieu of making a new class, thinking of a pyromaniac +20% fire resist, specials: burning hands, aganar's skorcher, fire shield red, downside: -20% all other resistances, -40% cold resist)

Anyway, does anyone know if there is, in fact, another program that can be used, even if it's harder? I'm looking at a character-save file in HexEdit at the moment, and i can identify a couple tags: SPCL321, SPIN101, SPIN104...i dont' know exactly what these refer to, and there seems to be alot less data in the actual hex than there should be, so i think there's more stored elsewhere.

Anyway, back to the point: mac programs! does anyone know of any?
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 04:59 AM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I'm not sure it'll work, but: do a google search on CLUAconsole for BGII. Those are cheats you enter in-game. Don't know wether they work on a mac...
Old 10-05-2003, 05:56 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Can you run a java .jar executable? If so, run nearinfinity. Otherwise, see if you can't get a java VM from sun, there should be one for MacOS.

Nearinfinity can edit *any* of the infinity data files, some require more HEXing than others. Its not as easy as shadowkeeper, but it should work. Do not tinker with the inventory - unless you know exactly how its indexed you will screw the indexes. www.teambg.com, the IESDP section, has descriptions of most of the BG2 file formats.

And keep backups - shadowkeeper makes backups automaticaly, NI assumes you know what your doing and will quite cheerfuly corrupt your only savegame.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:48 PM   #4
rhapsody407
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

And keep backups - shadowkeeper makes backups automaticaly, NI assumes you know what your doing and will quite cheerfuly corrupt your only savegame.
Hehe, i did that myself...which in turn managed to kill my BG2 application, so i had to reinstall and redownload the patch a while back, and then go ALL the way through to chapter 5 and Viconia's romance.
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
dmuzzy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, there is an Infinity Engine Editor for the Mac. It does not seem as good as Shadowkeeper, but here is a link that will take you to a Mac-centric Baldurs Gate editing site.

http://ire.mainecoon.net/yabbse/index.php

Here is a more direct link to the downloads page.

http://ire.mainecoon.net/yabbse/index.php

They also have a saved game editor that allows you to edit the stats of your PC in a saved game. It doesn't do nearly the things that the Infinity Engine Editor does, but it is quite a bit easier to editor your character.

Hope this helps.
dmuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote