Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 05:33 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

This programme has just finished on TV. The British public has been voting for the past 4 weeks and the results are in. The only criteria are that they have to be alive and not in prison.

Amongst the top 10 are:

10 The Queen
7 Alex Ferguson
3 Margaret Thatcher (she got my vote)

But the most hated Briton is:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The Poodle himself - Tony Blair!

[ 05-10-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 05-10-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Well I definetly don't agree with Alex Ferguson being at number 7. As I Man U fan all I can say is Alex Ferguson IS GOD! It must have been jealous fans of teams that never win anything that voted for him, the gits.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:53 PM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

You mean Thatcher is still alive what a waste of oxygen. And I guess Arsne wegner (sp) has not got his passport through yet, other wise the result would be a lot differant [img]tongue.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 05-10-2003, 06:13 PM   #4
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

I nominate any character appearing in "Asterix in Britain".

But I beg to differ with you on Mrs. Thatcher. While I strongly oppose almost every single one of her political ideas I deeply admire her as a public speaker. But you British are generally blessed with scores of brilliant speakers. If you had ever suffered like me through a debate of the German parliament with Bavarian backbencher after Bavarian backbencher taking to the podium and unwittingly yet thoroughly ridiculing any notion that

a) reason and coherent thought existed

b) if reason and coherent thought existed it was possible to express them in German

c) that a national parliament could and should ever aspire to discuss anything more relevant and complex than the 13.amendment of the ordinance on chimey-sweeping

you could sympathize with me and would fully understand that every time I watched a live coverage of a British parliamentary debate on Skynews was a true revelation that left me in awe.*melodramatic pause*

Do you see chance I could successfully apply for political asylum in the UK on those grounds?
So long !<br /><br />Rł aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-10-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

The proper spelling would be: Ar-sen -ic, Wellard.

[ 05-10-2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Ramon de Ramon y Ramon ]
So long !<br /><br />Rł aka \"The Ramonster\"(thanks Sir Tainly) - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks - equally proud to be Moiraine\'s \"permanent advocate\" ! - relaunched edition -
Old 05-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

NOT IN MY NAME

Sorry but it had to be said.

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 05-10-2003, 07:15 PM   #7
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Letter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Yea, I think i'd have to agree there. But I think its odd how the man who the majority voted into 'power' is the most hated guy... Hmmmmmm....
Old 05-10-2003, 07:21 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

How comes I'm not on that list? [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, seriously though, I dissagree with the results...well, all except the PM being the worst, imho, Blair is not a very good PM.
Old 05-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #9
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Yea, I think i'd have to agree there. But I think its odd how the man who the majority voted into 'power' is the most hated guy... Hmmmmmm.... [/QUOTE]Well... 47% of people who even voted in the first place voted for the party of which he was the leader. Bearing in mind the alternatives I don't think this is exactly the stunning show of confidence Blair would like to make out.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 05-10-2003, 11:00 PM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Tony blair was voted worst Britain?? What a load of bollocks! He seems like a good bloke to me. What was the criteria? How did they define "worst"?
Anyway I repeat, sounds like bollocks. A lot of people in Britain can't even spell "Britain" so I guess the vote doesn't surprise me

[ 05-10-2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray