Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2000, 12:55 AM   #1
Arkenian

Is there any way(other than the cheat codes) to get IN to the High Torturers chamber? I ran across it on a map, and I admit a certain sentimental attachment to the Throwing Axe +2, but I also prefer to play cheat-code free games. I pranced past the wall several times with detect traps on, and found no secret door.

If there /isn't/ any way in, what on earth is the area doing in the game?

As for magic items . . . I wouldn't exactly call chapters 1 and 2 deprived . . . granted later chapters make it
far more common, but by the end of dragon's eye I easily had every character with multiple magic items (if only
there were more shops to sell them in, so they didn't devalue so quickly.)
Old 08-13-2000, 01:36 AM   #2
sibley

Yes, there certainly is a way in. The Throwing Axe +2 is my favorite weapon in the whole game.

It's not the sort of secret door you can find. Instead you have to find the secret switch. It's on the wall next to a bookcase further down the corridor.
Old 08-13-2000, 01:51 AM   #3
Arkenian

*mumbles* I feel stupid now. I searched for switches and stuff, but assumed there wouldn't be one quite that far away. *mutter* *mumble* I'm still surprised I missed it, actually, but oh well.
Thanks muchly.
And yeah, I just like the fact that you get a decent 1 handed ranged weapon. Added with the defender axe +2 and 4 *'s in axe, and you have a pretty nasty char for that place in the game ;>
Old 08-13-2000, 06:38 PM   #4
G.W.

Anything else in this chamber besides the throwing axe? Wondering if it's worth going back...
Old 08-13-2000, 07:12 PM   #5
Arkenian

Not really, there's an icelance scroll in there, and the ring of pain amplification (cursed item, it's kind of amusing, but not exactly the sort of thing you want to wear) Of course, I consider the axe at least moderately worthwhile ;>