Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #31
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
He's a kid. All he wants to be is a kid, to be like Peter Pan.
I would imagine that growing up the way he did, certainly had a negative impact on his life. He was never allowed to do things that regular kids do, never allowed to play, his father was very abusive and he was under a lot of pressure at too young of an age.

The fact that he's acting like a child now indicates he never had the opportunity when the rest of us did. Growing up, he had very bad acne which his father used to tease and ridicule him about. Can you imagine? And we wonder why he wants to change his appearance

Now, Jackson's got enough money do do as he pleases, and he's doing so but all that fame and fortune has brought the spotlight. I'm sure that many people are as troubled as Michael Jackson and with good reason, but they don't have billions of dollars, and they're not a public figure.

He's 80's music was brilliant, the moonwalk was a phenom so you can'd deny his success or his popularity. Everyone has listend to a Jackson song at one point or another, and he's got the money to prove it.

The only reason the people call him weird is because their pissed that he's got more money and success than most could ever dream of, nevermind possess.
I agreed with you up till the last two paragraphs Animal. Michael's music in the 80's was brilliant...but contrary to popular belief, he DID NOT invent the "MoonWalk" Don't believe me? Rent the movie Flashdance. The "MoonWalk" was part of the Breakdance craze that started 1-2 years before Michael moonwalked across the stage at the American Music Awards.

And I am by no means "pissed" because he has more money and success than I will ever have. He also has more natural talent in his gloved hand than I have in my whole body and I have no problem with that. I don't envy his money or success because he definitely earned it through his own natural talents.

So if I call him "weird" now..it isn't because I'm jealous...it's because he is weird by the standards of our society.

I mentioned this in the last Great M.J. Discussion, but I personally consider Michael Jackson one of the greatest tragedies of my lifetime. He had so much potential in the mid-80's that there was literally nothing that was beyond his grasp or ability...but the emotional pain and trauma of his early childhood have finally caught up to him...and for me....it is a very sad thing to see. I admired him greatly during his "hey day". Now I feel a sadness for the greatness that was lost.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:48 PM   #32
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
quote:
He's a kid. All he wants to be is a kid, to be like Peter Pan.
I would imagine that growing up the way he did, certainly had a negative impact on his life. He was never allowed to do things that regular kids do, never allowed to play, his father was very abusive and he was under a lot of pressure at too young of an age.

The fact that he's acting like a child now indicates he never had the opportunity when the rest of us did. Growing up, he had very bad acne which his father used to tease and ridicule him about. Can you imagine? And we wonder why he wants to change his appearance

Now, Jackson's got enough money do do as he pleases, and he's doing so but all that fame and fortune has brought the spotlight. I'm sure that many people are as troubled as Michael Jackson and with good reason, but they don't have billions of dollars, and they're not a public figure.

He's 80's music was brilliant, the moonwalk was a phenom so you can'd deny his success or his popularity. Everyone has listend to a Jackson song at one point or another, and he's got the money to prove it.

The only reason the people call him weird is because their pissed that he's got more money and success than most could ever dream of, nevermind possess.
I agreed with you up till the last two paragraphs Animal. Michael's music in the 80's was brilliant...but contrary to popular belief, he DID NOT invent the "MoonWalk" Don't believe me? Rent the movie Flashdance. The "MoonWalk" was part of the Breakdance craze that started 1-2 years before Michael moonwalked across the stage at the American Music Awards.

And I am by no means "pissed" because he has more money and success than I will ever have. He also has more natural talent in his gloved hand than I have in my whole body and I have no problem with that. I don't envy his money or success because he definitely earned it through his own natural talents.

So if I call him "weird" now..it isn't because I'm jealous...it's because he is weird by the standards of our society.

I mentioned this in the last Great M.J. Discussion, but I personally consider Michael Jackson one of the greatest tragedies of my lifetime. He had so much potential in the mid-80's that there was literally nothing that was beyond his grasp or ability...but the emotional pain and trauma of his early childhood have finally caught up to him...and for me....it is a very sad thing to see. I admired him greatly during his "hey day". Now I feel a sadness for the greatness that was lost.
[/QUOTE]You are correct about MJ not inventing the moonwalk. I never said he did. What I did say was, the moonwalk was a phenom. A phenom that HE created. If not for Michael Jackson, would anybody know about the moonwalk? I think not.

As for the money...well I'm sure your faith can carry you past that, but money makes people jealous. People are ridiculed for being wealthy because they represent a minority. Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Jimmy Patterson...they all have money and they're all the brunt of jokes and ridicule because of their success.

Why do you feel sorry for MJ? Did he lose the greatness? No, he doesn't want it anymore. He doesn't want the spotlight, glamour, fame, tabloids, or BS in general and who can blame him? He wants to live his life the way HE wants to. That's no reason to feel bad.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:41 PM   #33
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

IMO anyone who can hang a baby over a ledge like he did is not fit to ne a parent, or even be allowed to be around children, what if he had dropped the baby?!? and since everyone seems to be talking about his music, did anyone ever wonder why when he grew up, that he was afraid of his family??? maybe(not saying this is the truth) but the way e acts points to an abused child syndrome, and I mean molested as well as phisically abused, 95% of all child molesters were molested as children themselves
Old 06-20-2003, 10:51 PM   #34
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
IMO anyone who can hang a baby over a ledge like he did is not fit to ne a parent, or even be allowed to be around children, what if he had dropped the baby?!? and since everyone seems to be talking about his music, did anyone ever wonder why when he grew up, that he was afraid of his family??? maybe(not saying this is the truth) but the way e acts points to an abused child syndrome, and I mean molested as well as phisically abused, 95% of all child molesters were molested as children themselves
He covered that one already, and yes he made a mistake. I'm sure you've made a mistake or two, right?

Like I said, most people are just pissed because he's got is so good and everyone else doesn't.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:00 PM   #35
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
quote:
He covered that one already, and yes he made a mistake. I'm sure you've made a mistake or two, right?

Like I said, most people are just pissed because he's got is so good and everyone else doesn't.
[/QUOTE]are you just trying to hurt my feelings or upset me tonight? tings that envolve children should always be watched closle, I have been watched alot because of some mistakes I made, and if anyone who is not rich had done that, they would have lost their kids quickly, as for why I do not like him has nothing to do with anything other than the fact he molest children
Old 06-20-2003, 11:05 PM   #36
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
quote:
quote:

[/QUOTE]are you just trying to hurt my feelings or upset me tonight? tings that envolve children should always be watched closle, I have been watched alot because of some mistakes I made, and if anyone who is not rich had done that, they would have lost their kids quickly, as for why I do not like him has nothing to do with anything other than the fact he molest children
[/QUOTE]No, I'm not trying to upset you, Stormy. I would never do such a thing intentionally, and if I have, I appologize. He was never convicted of molestation. Innocent until proven guilty, right?
Old 06-20-2003, 11:13 PM   #37
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

true to a point, but I feel he paid off all involved over it, and te way he acts just makes me belive he has done it, sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but it is the way i feel
Old 06-20-2003, 11:18 PM   #38
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
true to a point, but I feel he paid off all involved over it, and te way he acts just makes me belive he has done it, sorry if anyone disagrees with me, but it is the way i feel
Well nobody can change the way you feel, nor would we want to but just keep on open mind.

By the way: How you doing... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 11:39 PM   #39
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

lol, you actualy mad mee smile on that one, wasn't expecting the How you doing [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2003, 11:43 PM   #40
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Why do you feel sorry for MJ? Did he lose the greatness? No, he doesn't want it anymore. He doesn't want the spotlight, glamour, fame, tabloids, or BS in general and who can blame him? He wants to live his life the way HE wants to. That's no reason to feel bad.
Why do I feel sorry for MJ? Because he went from having the world at his fingertips to having it at his throat. And it has largely been due to his own...seemingly....eccentric behavior.

Once he started to lose favor of the public, the media that had always idolized him was just as quick to ostracize him. And when the tides turned on him, Michael reacted like a spoiled child who was no longer getting his way.

I think you made a very accurate observation when you said "he never had a chance to be a kid". If you look at all of his "odd behavior"...it is considered "odd" because he reacts in a very "child-like" manner many times.

You claim he no longer wants the spotlight...I disagree. He has been in the spotlight his entire life. He may not like all the extra trappings that go with it, but I think that he has a deep, subconscious fear of what would happen if the spotlight ever did turn away from him for good. His image and self-esteem have been defined by the spotlight and I think he does fear losing that.

Let's face facts. He has his own private playground and heavily guarded estate. If he truly wanted to disappear from the public eye..he could do so easily. The blame isn't totally his - of course. Firim asked earlier "Why doesn't everyone just get the hell off his back?" The answer is simple....the media won't allow it. Literally ANYTHING that MJ does is considered "newsworthy"...so as long as he keeps committing eccentric acts in public, the media will be there with multiple cameras recording the action. And if you notice, MJ has a tendency to give the media what it wants every so often. That keeps his name in public domain.

It has even been suggested that he allows the "documentary" that is so unflattering of him to continue to be distributed and aired in several different countries. Why? Because - not only does he get a portion of the proceeds from EVERY single airing of the documentary...he also insists that the same TV station follow the documentary with his own "rebuttal video" a few days later...for which he receives ALL the proceeds. This adds more money to his coffers (offsetting the drop in his music sales) and continues keeping him in the "spotlight" - so to speak.

In one respect, I think you're right, Animal. I think Michael Jackson IS doing exactly what he wants to do.