Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2003, 10:58 AM   #21
lethoso
Manshoon

probly the closest i've come is when i had viral menangitis when i was 11 or so... rather scary how quickly i got sick, from slight headache in the morning to 40C+ temperature and a massive migraine like headache that evening.... was not much fun.... although, the ambulance ride i had was pretty good [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2003, 11:43 AM   #22
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Almost drowned in '67 when we lived in Hawaii. It was just before my 6th birthday and some damned kid pushed me into a hotel pool. The hotels manager pulled me out and got the water out of my lungs. Not fun. But I do have a VERY fond memory of the boys father giving him one hell of a whippin'. A few years later I fell on some broken glass and cut my wrist. The doctor said he could see the artery it came that close to cutting it. Then I was electrocuted in '79. Then a few months later I fell about twenty feet onto a concrete floor when a scaffold collapsed. And then six years ago I got food poisoning.
Old 05-18-2003, 12:23 PM   #23
Lovisa
Manshoon

Storm: how did it go with the baby? And whee! kinda unlucky u where! Me, myself has never been in a "Near death experience" and I'm kinda glad 4 that and I hope I never will be either
Old 05-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #24
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Nothing. No life threatening moments, no diseases, no horrible injuries. The worst thing thats ever happened to me physically was when I fell off a horse when I was much younger and fractured my left arm at the elbow, an event that may have made the arm look a little wonky now but was far from being life threatening...

Maybe this lack of near-death experiences are the reason my life lacks excitement, however I strongly, strongly doubt it.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 05-18-2003, 04:18 PM   #25
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In many respects the sameas Barry, I have only one near death experience I know of, and it was far back before I can recall.

I was born about 3 weeks earlier than I was due, and that was for the best in this case, I came out blue as my umbilical cord was twisted around my neck somewhat- though I don't know how much longer it would have taken.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:33 PM   #26
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I've been hit by three cars and a double-decker bus and got only bruises. I've been nearly run over so many times my friend and I have a "Near-death experience of the week" where we count how many times we nearly died in a week. Aside from the cars, I've nearly started a house fire, had soup explode in my face, nearly drowned, nearly electrocuted myself and nearly had my roof fall in on me. I haven't yet fallen from a great height, so I'll go see to that one

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:43 PM   #27
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
I've been hit by three cars and a double-decker bus and got only bruises. I've been nearly run over so many times my friend and I have a "Near-death experience of the week" where we count how many times we nearly died in a week. Aside from the cars, I've nearly started a house fire, had soup explode in my face, nearly drowned, nearly electrocuted myself and nearly had my roof fall in on me. I haven't yet fallen from a great height, so I'll go see to that one
Tell me when you're going abroad...I'd like to book my flights at least a few weeks before yours
Old 05-18-2003, 05:15 PM   #28
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Once a few years ago I almost choked on some food or some such. Must have been really traumatic if I can't even remember it! I'm pretty boring, haven't even broken any bones, no exciting illnesses [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2003, 05:24 PM   #29
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
Yes When I was in Viet Nam The Helicopter I was flying in was shot down. Well I should say it was blown out of the sky by a SAM(surface to air)missle I don't remember anything except a bright flash. I woke up three days later in a MILITARY HOSPITAL the doctor said I died on the way in and that a Corman revived Me. To this day I have never found out The name of the guy that saved my life. I was back in the states a month later. The really funny part is that The Helicopter I was in was taking me to a base to go home because my tour of Duty in Nam was over and I ended up spending 30 extra days there in a hospital. One last thing they never found anybody else that was on that flight with me and all 11 of the other men on that flight are still M.I.A. somebody up there likes me !!
We just finished up 'We Were Soldiers' in my AP U.S. History class, and I have got to say that Vietnam was probably our worst war ever. How long were you issued there, Crimson?

Anyways, just glad to have you here and not on that wall. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-18-2003, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Old 05-18-2003, 05:25 PM   #30
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Lovisa:
Storm: how did it go with the baby? And whee! kinda unlucky u where! Me, myself has never been in a "Near death experience" and I'm kinda glad 4 that and I hope I never will be either
oh, he is fie now, he is 4 years old and has 2 little sisters, ol i do not see it as unlucky, if i was unlucky, i would have died