Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 11:30 PM   #21
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Something's bitten a Donut today it seems....
Actually you see, it's like this. Awhile back a certain member made a prod about
another members .gif sig. Now you know the rest of the story.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:46 PM   #22
DBear
Drow Warrior

THIS is what the Muslims want to do throughout the Western world. U.S., U.K., France, Spain, any Western nation.

There is only one way to solve the "Islamic" problem and it's what the left calls "genocide".

It will be extremely difficult for these subhuman monsters to perpetrate anymore bestial acts if they are all dead. It will be no loss to humanity and make the world a better place.

Eventually the ragheads will get what they have been asking for. They will all be martyrs. The only question is how many of us they will take with them before we do what needs to be done. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 01:53 AM   #23
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by DBear:
THIS is what the Muslims want to do throughout the Western world. U.S., U.K., France, Spain, any Western nation.

There is only one way to solve the "Islamic" problem and it's what the left calls "genocide".

It will be extremely difficult for these subhuman monsters to perpetrate anymore bestial acts if they are all dead. It will be no loss to humanity and make the world a better place.

Eventually the ragheads will get what they have been asking for. They will all be martyrs. The only question is how many of us they will take with them before we do what needs to be done. [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
You wouldn't happen to be Magness or Khazadman posting under a different user account would you?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:54 AM   #24
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Aweful scenario. Some parents were forced into chosing which of their kids would go free earlier. What a nightmare.
Entirely Terribly Awful!

Here is a story:

Forced to choose - her boy or girl

Zalina Dzandarova had cradled her son Alan as he slept with his small face buried against her stomach. He was the child Ms Dzandarova was able to save.

It was the other one, her six-year-old daughter Alana, whose image tormented her: Alana clutching her hand; Alana crying and calling after her; Alana's sobs disappearing into the distance as Ms Dzandarova walked out of Middle School No. 1 clutching Alan in her arms.

This was the horrible choice presented to mothers - hours before the explosions signalled a bloody climax to the three-day drama - when the guerillas had allowed 26 women and children to leave. About a dozen mothers, like Ms Dzandarova, were allowed to take only one child and forced to leave others behind.

"I didn't want to make this choice," said Ms Dzandarova, 27, in her father-in-law's house a few kilometres from the school. "People say they are happy that my son and I are saved. But how can I be happy if my daughter is still inside there?" The women said as many as 1500 people had been held captive, challenging official numbers. Ms Dzandarova said 1000 people were in a gymnasium packed with explosives.

Authorities said there were 354 hostages, but Ms Dzandarova said people were "lying on top of each other" in the gym.

"There were definitely 1000 people in that one room. I saw it with my own eyes."

The newspaper Izvestiya said the school had 860 pupils, but many relatives had also been attending the first day ceremony that is traditional in Russian schools.

The guerillas are thought to be linked to the separatist republic of Chechnya or Ingushetia.

In the same month as the downing of two airliners and the detonation of two roadside bombs, the thought of children menaced by veiled female suicide bombers and guerillas in black masks has haunted the nation.

"They Have Taken Hundreds of our Children," screamed Izvestiya's headline.

Ms Dzandarova's dreadful dilemma was mirrored by the experience of others in the small town. With a population of 30,000, virtually everyone in Beslan had a family member inside, or knew someone who did.

Kazbek Dzaragasov, 15, fled with his friend Sado Nazriyv when the guerillas broke into the school and began firing, but turned back, passing up the chance to escape, when he realised his younger sister Agunda was being held inside.

One of the women released later told Sado she saw Kazbek and his sister huddled together on the floor of the gymnasium.

One woman had five children held inside, as well as four nieces and nephews.

A teacher escaped with a dozen children through the window of a boiler room after the gunmen had tried unsuccessfully to blow open the heavy iron door with grenades.

Muslims represent about one-third of the population in this region of North Ossetia.

The rest are mostly Christian, creating at times an uneasy mix. When a group of Muslims from nearby villages offered themselves as hostages in exchange for the students, officials discouraged them from coming to Beslan for fear of stirring violence.

Ms Dzandarova said the attackers identified themselves as Chechens. "They said they would let us go only after the [Russian] troops are withdrawn from Chechnya," she said.

"I said we have nothing to do with that, but they wouldn't listen."

On Wednesday, Ms Dzandarova was taking her daughter to the first day of her first year with two-year-old Alan in tow. As the students and parents began lining up, they saw the attackers sweeping into the school. Ms Dzandarova and her children hid in a classroom, but were rounded up with the other hostages.

"Everyone was ordered to sit down, and they began to set up booby traps around the perimeter, right in front of our eyes. They had lots of guns and explosives with them."

One unnamed hostage who was freed said that when the smaller children began to cry, the fighters fired into the air and shouted for them to settle down.

At first, Ms Dzandarova said, everyone was allowed to drink water. But the hostage takers cut off that privilege, she said, after local officials refused to meet them. Without water, the powdered milk the guerillas supplied for the children had to be spooned into their mouths.

In just two days, she said, the problem had become acute. "The kids won't survive these negotiations," she had said. "They're not getting enough water."

At the beginning of the crisis, 20 men who had been in the gym were led out to a different room.

The next day, she said, 10 returned. The hostages presumed the others were dead.

Two women who had been wearing suicide belts apparently detonated them in an adjoining room, Ms Dzandarova said.

"They left the gym, and all of a sudden we heard two loud explosions. We thought the storming had begun. But then they told us, 'Our sisters have won a victory, and there's no other cause they want to pursue'."
Old 09-04-2004, 02:07 AM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

Hate doesn't solve anything mate, and neither does generalising all Muslim people. Out of 180 million Muslim Indonesians how many are engaged in warfare? There's no call for a post like this. It doesn't help one bit.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:39 AM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

When the news broke, I was shaking I was so damn mad. YET AGAIN, more Islamic terrorists. The 2 they captured should be punished SLOWLY.

It makes me so mad that they took CHILDREN captive. FREAKING COWARDS! Afraid to take people of your own age? That's right, they would kill your asses. And they are TOO GOOD to use men to blow themselves up anymore, they are using women now. THEY are expendable, right? (Screams)

Russia is PISSED. These terrorists better stop, because Russia doesn't play around, they will nuke Chechnya if this continues.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:43 AM   #27
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
quote:

Hate doesn't solve anything mate, and neither does generalising all Muslim people. Out of 180 million Muslim Indonesians how many are engaged in warfare? There's no call for a post like this. It doesn't help one bit. [/QUOTE]Yep.

To accent your point....Some nearby local Muslims offered themselves as hostages in exchange for kids.

from the article I posted:

Quote:
Muslims represent about one-third of the population in this region of North Ossetia.

The rest are mostly Christian, creating at times an uneasy mix. When a group of Muslims from nearby villages offered themselves as hostages in exchange for the students, officials discouraged them from coming to Beslan for fear of stirring violence.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:53 AM   #28
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Don't poke the bear. The Russians won't offer a soft response and the Jihadists should not piss them off.

Taking a school full of children hostage is beyond deplorable. Taking a school full of children hostage could not in any way further the fight for your homelands freedom. Taking a school full of children hostage could not in any way show glory to your God.

The ones who did this were not interested in Chechen independence, they were not interested in anything except making the news. They remind me of the idiots who shot up the high school in Columbine. They only wanted to spread terror and make the news.. and they did it. Bastards.
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:53 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Excuse me mate, I understand your anger as this situation is appalling and these terrorists deserve nothing but contempt for what they did, but this type of post is not only bigoted and generalistic, but it also violates our TOS. I'd rather you not refer to Muslims as "ragheads" as you are generalising an entire religion of people, the majority of whom are ordinary people like you or I, and do not support these terrorists - and our TOS here clearly states that we don't stereotype a group of people or call them derogatory names.

This is your first offence, so we'll let you off with a warning. Don't post this type of inflammatory rubbish again please unless you want to spend some time in the sin bin.

[ 09-04-2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:33 AM   #30
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Huge cock-up, but I guess the troops on the ground did what they could under such an intense situation. However, I was appalled by the amount of parents running around the 'hot' areas. With so many plain-clothed bodies getting in the way, no wonder some terrorists escaped.