Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day one and all ..... wow this is a little backwater of Ironworks I have not been to before

OK I have just got the game and would like some general tips. I'm thinking of playing a theif, possibly wood elf. Anything I should look out for or do first to aid my passage through this world?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

First, dont worry to much about your character build. Morrowind classes only define what you start as and how you level, any character can attain maximum in any skill or attribute, so if you mess up its not a problem. Much. Only major problems would be to not have a weapon and armour skill to start with. This would be bad. Athletics and Acrobatics should be avoided though, you can't really control how they level up.

Second, dont hurry on the main quest. Just cos Uriel Septim VII, Emperor of Tamriel, wants you to do him a favour dosent mean you have to rush to it. In fact, you can ignore it entirely.

Thirdly, explore everywhere. There are loads of dungeons, mines, caves, towers and ruins around. Most are loaded with loot. Be careful of selling unique stuff though, if someone later sends you on a quest for it, it helps if you at least know who you sold it to.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's legal to kill people if you provoke them until they hit first.

[ 01-04-2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 01-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Here's something I personally found helpfull: there is a mod out which enhances (read: clarifies) you Journal! When you have tons of quests going, it's nice to know what & when
Morrowind Summit You one stop plug-in site. Also fileplanet has tons of mods and plugins, as well as races, kits, buildings, quests andsoforth. Enjoy man!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
get some decent plugins and mods wellard, it improves the game big time. I'm talking about residences where you can store your goodies and get some rest, mods with additional creatures to make the game tougher to beat, stuff like that. Hell...you can even throw in some hookers if you want, there's countless stuff outthere, all free to download.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #6
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Whatever you do: PATCH THE GAME! Even then you may very well likely have some issues; I know I did. This world is huge and very unique. The atmosphere is like no other you'll ever encounter in an RPG.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
get some decent plugins and mods wellard, it improves the game big time. I'm talking about residences where you can store your goodies and get some rest
Yeah, this DOES become a problem even if you max out your strength... you STILL cannot carry everything

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
mods with additional creatures to make the game tougher to beat, stuff like that. Hell...you can even throw in some hookers if you want, there's countless stuff outthere, all free to download.
Ahh, the pains of playing an un-modded Morrowind on an Xbox...

No hookers.... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

SilentThief