Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2002, 11:22 PM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I havent tried these yet because I want to play through the game at least once before I start cheating it.

Quote:
You may need to go to the file nwn.ini in the game folder and add the line

Debug Mode=1 to the section under "Game Options". This can be done with Notepad or a similar text editor

Now while playing press ~ to get the console and type DebugMode 1 (case sensitive)

Now press ~ again and press the TAB key to get a list of debug commands. Press TAB again to scroll the commands. Now enter a code below. Some will simply say "success" after entering, others will say "Entered Target Mode" in which you must click on a character you want to apply the cheat to. Change the # sign to a corresponding number of your choice
dm_god Invincibility
GetLevel # Add
dm_givegold # Give Gold Amount #
SetCON # Make Constitution to #
SetWIS # Make Wisdom to #
SetINT # Make Intelligence to #
SetSTR # Make Strength to #
SetCHA # Make Charisma to #

Invalid Character Message

When you use these cheats, and you try to change chapters (e.g. from the Prelude out the stables into Chapter 1) the game tells you that your character is invalid and the login is refused. To avoid this problem, find your nwnplayer.ini file in the base NWN directory. Then find the line saying "Single Player Enforce Legal Characters=1". Change that 1 to a 0, and your troubles are over
Old 07-07-2002, 11:26 PM   #2
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

what is the point of cheating?
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
Greadius
The Magister

I wish I knew this before...

Why would I want to cheat? Because I got to chapter 2 with a character I didn't really like, and didn't want to start over. I ended up starting over anyway, but it would have allowed me more playing time if I could have started chapter 2 at the same level I finished chapter 1.
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 12:56 AM   #4
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I too used the cheats. I was playing a ranger/theif/wizard and wasn't happy with it. I decided a little into chapter two to switch to a Paladin/Fighter/Cleric. The cheats enabled me to give back my level and gold without going through the long process of repeating the chapter. In mt zeal to see all the dialog options (and get better skills) I cheated my intelligence upwards. However I did not realize about the game enforcing legal characters until I arrived at Chapter 3. So... I did Chapter two twice, and just finished with a legal (except giving myself levels I earned the first time through and some gold ) character. Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will be put to good use during future outings with different characters.

On a side note, selective and careful use of cheats has never deterred from my role-playing experience. After all, this character is exceptional enough to save the world! Usually, people who cannot control themselves are the ones who spoil themselves with the ability to "augment" their characters.
Old 07-08-2002, 04:27 AM   #5
Eywind
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heya, does anyone know how to change my feats from
weapon proficiency exotic to weapon finesse ....
please
Eywind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 02:31 PM   #6
Obsidian the Black
Elminster

Thank you, thank you, thank you, you are a saint. At last i can carry on with my game.
Obsidian the Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I tried the cheats to give myself one more point in strength, but instead it reduced my strength to a 3! I could not undo it, unless I turned the game off without saving. No matter what I tried, I could not get the result I expected. What do you think I did wrong?
Old 07-08-2002, 11:48 PM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just a warning on using these console debug commands - if you use them on your singleplayer character they flag your character as not being of legal status from an MP perspective.

This has no influence on the game in singleplayer, but it may have an influence in multiplayer, because one of the server options for people hosting MP games is "Enforce Legal Characters". This means that if your character has been modified you will not be able to use him in MP games where people have this option ticked. If the server host leaves the Enforce Legal Characters option off then you will be able to use that character.

I think it's a good idea to be able to identify modified characters in multi – what people do in singleplayer is their own business and they should be able to do what they like. But in multiplayer DMs and hosts should have the option to exclude the dreaded PK’ers who made Diablo and BG2 multiplayer such a frustrating experience.

Just so you know the consequences of doing this. Once that legal flag goes up there’s no getting it back down, unless you’re really good with a hex editor and know where to look. Better you guys know sooner rather than later, so you can make an informed decision about whether or not to use it.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 02:54 AM   #9
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

thats what i hate most about MP games are the people that ruin the game and cheat. they create godly weapons and armor that kill anything and everything, including you with just 1 hit.cheating just promotes unfair play. im on my 3rd char setup and i dont mind going thru the chap again in fact i like to see how my new char works out aginst different situations. thats what helps you build a good strong legal char.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Personally, I don't care if someone wants to play a god character in singleplayer, since they are affecting nobody but themselves, and it's their game. If they're playing multiplayer then it's a different story - they're affecting others, and it's not just their game, so I think this character flagging is a really good thing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote