Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2003, 07:28 AM   #1
decookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To the ironworks people,

I come to you in great distress, for my party is facing a dilemma most horrid. Some foul urchin has hexxed my slightly moody, yet practical maiden, Jaheira. The Swine! She got a vertiable kicking from some lizard-esque nasty guys recently and her curse is such that she cannot be raised until we have found and destroyed the evildoer! Yet this is just the beginning of my problems...

Rumours abound that it is the slums district in which i should be foucssing my noble party's efforts. It is here we run into trouble - with what appear to be some kind of law-keepers.

A most unfreindly group of armoured knights and magic-users lurk waiting for me in the district saying that "news of my misdeeds have spread", and I must defend myself. The enemies are most nasty in nature and near un-vanquishable!

But i just wan't to know where they have found this idea about my misdeeds from. My ranger's party has an enviable reputation (well 14 anyway), and have done nowt but good throughout my adventures. None in the party are evil and i am highly flummoxed. Just what the hell is going on??? Friends, your help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ingo Amaral (Ranger of repute)
Old 08-29-2003, 07:46 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Welcome to the board, decookie! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Nice writing, by the way [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Possible spoiler!
~
~
~
~
~
~
The problem you're facing (the cursing of Jaheira) is easily solved; she herself indicates what probably needs to be done, so follow her advice to lift the curse.
As for your adversaries you meet: they're a remnant of your past struggles with the slavers in the Copper Coronet (I assume that you've dealt with them). It has nothing to do with your reputation, which is decent enough.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:10 AM   #3
decookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm,

This means my party will have fend of the nasty people does it. I do not recall any slavers in the drinking den you speak of, but in my many adventures i suppose i could have overlooked the odd skermish.

But if the party must fight than they shall, we shall aid my fallen comrade!

There are five knights, all a match for all but my sturdiest swordsmen (namely mink) and a spellcaster who quite outstrips young Aeerie. I can't very well use any decent offensive magic (a fireball would cause some havoc), because there are civilans around (toasting a town crier caused my to loose five rep points and consequently my class as a ranger).

Any hints on beating them. The party is:

Ingo Amaral (Archer) (thaco somewhere in the minuses with the old bow)
Jaheira (Incapacitated)
Aerie (versatile, better offensive spells than defensive at the mo)
Yoshi (not that good in hand to hand but i like him)
Minsc (the only true thwacker)
Mazzy (a support archer who's fairly useful)

Levels are around nine

Any suggestions, or advice from those who have vanquished the knights of rockhardness and their irritating magicy friend?

decookie (Ingo Amaral)
Old 08-29-2003, 09:00 AM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think the slavers' connection is to the Copper Coronet freeing the slaves quest. did you do the quest already? at any rate, don't worry about those "near unvanquishable" enemies...they are easy to defeat and have some nice loots on them.

my current party is similar to yours (my PC, however, is a fighter/mage; started from BG1, and now into SoA) and I have Jan in the place of Yoshimo now. The "downside" of our type of group I would say is that we don't have a "pure/higher level" cleric -- Aerie levels up as a cleric simply tooooo slow, but well, we just find ways to survive with more limited cleric spells~~
Old 08-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #5
Feral
Elminster

It sounds like your Jaheira is currently deceased (from a fight, not the curse), right?

If, so - SPOILER:

If she expired before she hinted what to do to cure her (i.e. spoke with the bartender at the Copper Coronet), then you need to find the mages who cursed her. Try the Government District. When you find the mage who should be able tohelp you, he won't be very helpful, so leave...

I guess that's a half-spoiler.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:21 PM   #6
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

it sounds like the Jaheira curse quest.

spoiler

IIRC, you have TWO weeks to remove the curse, otehrwise she dies. she'll give you clues (three) to track down the bad guy immediately after she gets cursed.

[ 08-29-2003, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 09-02-2003, 07:04 AM   #7
decookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Many thanks comrades,

Ingo Amaral’s party eventually vanquished the petulant and nasty trouble-causers. A nice combination of magical entanglement and a deadly cloud from the wand of my mage procured a quick and efficient removal of the irritating knights and their robe-clad friend. However, after a rather measely performance by Mr Yoshimo, the party felt it was right that we part company. Young Nalia has replaced the bounty hunter to bolster the already sturdy magical presence after a spell of kidnap -induced absence.

Magical lights and balls of flame are now all the rage and, combined with flashing steel and accurate arrows, the party has hit a rich vein of form. We were sad to see Yoshi go, but we remain friends and I will surely be sending him a card at Christmas.

Heroic regards

Ingo Amaral (complete with recovered priestess)
Old 09-02-2003, 08:04 PM   #8
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

decookie, is this your FIRST time through SoA? if it is, you may want to consider taking Yoshimo into chapter 4, if not this time around, try it some other runs (assume you will play SoA more than once as we do^_*)...you'll be intrigued...
Old 09-03-2003, 03:09 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

decookie, if you feel comfortable relying on Nalia's skills to support the entire party where Thieves are concerned, be my guest. I seem to be biased toward the subtle and discreet art of Thievery, and Yoshimo is arguably the best in the game. But as you are the head of this party, I shall follow your superiority--just don't forget where you left Yoshimo.

As for the "knights of rockhardness" you mention: That's what happens when you kill Paladins and word of it gets around. They are from the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, and have hunted you down to avenge the deaths of their 6 compatriots you so cruelly slew upon reaching the Windspear Hills. Had you completed that quest before returning to Athkatla, the true details of the incident would have been brought to light and your name would have been cleared.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:03 AM   #10
decookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah,

Thankyou SixofSpades, all is now clear regarding the nasty kkkkkkkkkkk----ni-g-ts (monty python reference, sorry if its lost on people). I know theives are useful, but once you give Naila every kind of theiving skill enhancing item she's not dreadful. And with three spellcasters i can afford to keep a few knock spells and and some detect trap spells. A spell for every occassion is the order of the day.

On top of this Yoshi is not so near my alignment and just isn't as much fun as the flashing lights and bangs of Nalia.

It is my first attempt at BG, though I have played AD&D 2nd edition to death and so the systems and spells are all well known. I may play through more than once but we'll see.

Yoshi is knockin about the CC somewhere so I could use him if neccesary. I just sometimes don't see the point of advancing a theif because once they reach a certain point their theiving skills are near flawless and advnacement is almost pointless.

decookie (Alter-ego of Ingo Amaral)