Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 08:36 PM   #1
Moni

This is too cool! It was released (in the U.S. & Canada) on Septmber 24th.
I know what I am giving myself for an early Christmas present this year!

[ 09-27-2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]
Old 09-29-2002, 05:26 PM   #2
Gazza
Banned User

Isn't A Hard Day's Night the film the Beatles made?
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yeah Minno, what's it about ?
Old 09-29-2002, 07:49 PM   #4
Moni

Gazza,
Yes, originally filmed in 1964.

johnny,
Here is a summary review I just found on a web site that will give you some info on the story line without ruining the humor involved in it. It is a very funny movie, a must-see for any Beatles fan with a lot of the early songs that catapulted them to stardom (Can't Buy Me Love, She Loves You, etc).

"In 1964, Richard Lester filmed the newest music phenomenon with refreshing film tricks -- hyper speed, odd angles, still collages -- that would fill many movies and music videos to come. Screenwriter Alun Owen fashioned caricature roles for and of the lads, stuck in veteran actor Wilfrid Brambell for contrast and comic interest, and the simplest of "plots" -- one day in the life of a harried pop group: taking the train to a new gig, rehearsing for the show, doing a press conference, teasing and enjoying one another, doing a live concert, and perpetually fleeing fans. It was a delightful smash hit."

Wilfred Brambell plays Paul's Grandfather in the film. All he does is stir up trouble, even temporarily convincing one member to leave his responsibilities behind to go off "paradin'.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:04 AM   #5
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Its a hard-days-night, I should be sleepin like a dog.

Sorry, any time I hear that title I cant refrain from singing the song

Dont have anything really constructive to add to this post
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
This is too cool! It was released (in the U.S. & Canada) on Septmber 24th.
I know what I am giving myself for an early Christmas present this year!
Me to Moni i love The Beatles they are one of my favorites! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:19 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

<font color = lightgreen>This is an extremely great film. I think it made the American Film Association's list of "Top 100 Films"; Roger Ebert uses it as one of his standard classroom films when teaching cinematography. Despite the fact that Owen took some liberties with their personalities, most of America continued to see the Beatles as they were presented in this film, even in the later years. Much of the humor is in the style of the Goons, the Peter Sellers comedy group that was the predecessor to Monty Python.

Richard Lester almost single-handedly invented the genre of music videos with this film.

Listen closely for John playing the harmonica--you will hear the basic chord progression for Strawberry Fields Forever, years before its release.

If you don't have it, get it! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote