Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 05:22 PM   #1
Lord_Kellen_Of_The_Ice
Welcomed New User

Ok heres my problem...for anyone who doesnt want to know who you fight in the last battle dont read this...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-Alright i unlocked the tower in lower dorns deep and i talked and fought revered brother whatever his name is right?right. So after hes almost dead he uses a dimension door and it takes you to easthaven where it shows you a video clip. heres the problem, After teh video it shows my party standing there on a path in the snow either inside easthaven or right outside it BUT all it will do is say revered brother " " uses dimension door then the screen shifts from left to right slowly and resets itself and does it over and over and will NOT let me do ANYTHING! If someone knows how to fix this or has the same problem and knows what to do id appreciate the help ALOT.you could even add me to your msn to make it easier(silverfish75@hotmail.com).Thanks in advance.
Lord_Kellen_Of_The_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 05:28 PM   #2
Durwyn
Elminster

Looks like a glitch indeed to me.

Do you have have all the latest patches? If you only have IWD, get the 1.06 patch. If you have HoW and IWD, get 1.41 patch for HoW. If you have Trials of Luremaster installed then you need no patch.

But in any case try reinstalling your game. Just save all of your saves.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:31 PM   #3
Lord_Kellen_Of_The_Ice
Welcomed New User

Thanks dude! I'll try that. If it doesn't work i guess im forced to either buy and play HoW or buy a new copy of Icewind. I'll post later and let you know what happened.
Lord_Kellen_Of_The_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:09 PM   #4
Christopneuma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When you say it doesn`t let you do anything do you mean the game freezes up , or can you move your party around?
Christopneuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 03:43 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

check out the black isle message boards ..... i swear i saw something exactly like this problem posted there ..

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 06:58 AM   #6
RoadWarrior
Welcomed New User

Same thing happened to me last night !!!

Here is a possible solution that I found on the Black Isles msg board..

"This problem is apparently caused by the patch. To get around it, you need to temporarily remove the patch. Use Windows Explorer to go into the Override folder in (with default installation) the Program Files/Black Isle/Icewind Dale folder. Cut and paste all of the files in the folder to some other location. Do not delete the folder itself--what you want is an empty Override folder. Now go back and fight Br. Poquellin again. The transfer should work properly. To prevent a later bug that occurs on some machines, paste the files you removed back in and reinstall the patch.

Good Luck!

Tiffin"

Haven't had chance to try it myslef yet, will let u know if it works later.

Hope this Helps.

RoadWarrior