Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 04:46 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hmm. I desperetly need a character who can learn the Vine Spells, but I have to decide what it will be. I'm thinking a Ranger, Elf, Female. What do you all think? After that I will make a Whiska Assasin, and then a Oomphaz Monk or Samurai. That should leave me with the Lizzord Barbarian. Hmm, where will my Zenmaster come in? Maybe I'll take out the Oomphaz, and put something else in. Which character goes best as being a Zenmaster (Human, Elf, Gnome, ect.)?
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 06:00 PM   #2
Pascha

The easiest way to get Vine spells is to start with a priest. My last expedition was 5 wizzards & obe priest at the start & all went through all elite roles (in the end all chars had all spells, with the priest being a human female and ending a valkyrie). I consider it a huge benefit if many (all for me) have the key spells & the more spells you have in one discipline the more mana you have - so additional spells is no waste, even if you never use the spells.
By the way, in my next run I will start with 6 wizzards & convert three at level 4,5 or 6: one ranger (vine), one paladin (spirit) & one barbarian (lockpick) - in the last run my Female Ratling Wizz went Barbarian after level 4.
Hope this gives you some food for thought.
Old 02-23-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Not really. I don't see any point in starting all my characters with the same class. I like diversity. And a lot of people do. Second, I would never change classes at such a low level. It doesn't give them any chance at becoming something else. For example, my Wizard was level 15 by the time I switched to Warlock (which he is at 17 or 18 now). He has ALL the Sun spells, and almost all the Stone spells. This gives him the chance at being powerful in 4 groups, rather than 2. My warrior for example, will be level 20 by the time I switch to Paladin. If you start with all Priests, then you have a party of weak spell casters. That FORCES you to switch classes. Thanx for your tips, but they didn't help that much.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote