Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 10:38 AM   #11
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

according to the conversation we had while we where there, he said it was pretty much authentic, since we eat pretty much the same things .
he said vegimite would have made it complete.

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 08-12-2001, 11:20 AM   #12
nick1979
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
What a steak! Whoa very very nice, a touch of home - ie. boomerangs and Aboriginal art and a corrective MacArthur map. Whooeee the steak kicked some serious bottom.

OH yea...The steak was great!

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 11:21 AM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Hi, Moni!

Yep, we have a Saltgrass Steakhouse close to us (just south in Lewisville). It is great for steaks. I still love Outback, though, for the overall experience.

Just east of Denton is a local restaurant called "The Prarie House" which has the absolute "to die for" steaks in Texas. It also has a dinner theater there as well if you're into that sort of thing (and I've heard some great things about it.)

Dunno if Yorick's going to get to Texas, Moni...I think NY is next on his agenda. It'd be great if he was coming round here though!

I did love my steak dinner at The Salt Grass (and the fresh warm bread ;D )but I think what got me hook, line and sinker was the dessert...cheesecake that tasted so indescribably good well, I can't describe it! I can only say that if we ate money, that cheesecake would have been a trillion dollar bill.

(Shhhhh~*whisper* I know Yorick may not get to Texas, but we can always attempt to lure him into a future trip. )

I think "The Prarie House" would be quite the experience! Is there decor that of the days of early settlers in this part of the country? There are similar places in Arizona, meant to celebrate the Old West but they are much more for tourist attraction than regular dining (in other words, you eat there once for the experience but never go back because the food was not all that great.)

Moni

------------------

Old 08-12-2001, 12:31 PM   #14
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

I think "The Prarie House" would be quite the experience! Is there decor that of the days of early settlers in this part of the country? There are similar places in Arizona, meant to celebrate the Old West but they are much more for tourist attraction than regular dining (in other words, you eat there once for the experience but never go back because the food was not all that great.)

Moni

Moni, the best part about Prarie House, other than the food, is the decor. It is filled with western memorabilia. One of the first things that greets you as you walk in the door (next to the cash register) is a huge bear (Black, I think, not grizzly). They use cypress-paneled walls, and the restaurant is arranged in a zig-zag fashion to where one room is completely separate from the others, and all have their own particular western "themes."

But all the way around, the food is outstanding. I've never been disappointed when I went there. The only upset I've ever had at the Prarie House was when the last time we went, an elderly lady was in the middle of having a heart attack during our meal, and there were paramedics there. That was hardly the Prarie House's fault, and I had to give them kudos for their expert handling of a sticky situation. I think the lady survived, although I have no idea what happened after they left with her in an ambulance. They seemed to have gotten her situation under control while they were with her, at least.

On weekends, you can hear live music at the Prarie House as well (and it's mainly jazz/blues...if you want "boot-scootin'", go down the road a mile to the Trail Dust. ) There's nothing worse than to be trying to eat with loud honky-tonk music of the most common variety blaring at you, and people bumping into your table who are dancing backwards on sawdust.

Nope, Outback and Prarie House are fine enough for me!

------------------
Old 08-12-2001, 01:09 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Moni, the best part about Prarie House, other than the food, is the decor. It is filled with western memorabilia. One of the first things that greets you as you walk in the door (next to the cash register) is a huge bear (Black, I think, not grizzly). They use cypress-paneled walls, and the restaurant is arranged in a zig-zag fashion to where one room is completely separate from the others, and all have their own particular western "themes."

But all the way around, the food is outstanding. I've never been disappointed when I went there.
That's excellent! One of my favorite hangouts in AZ was an out of the way western bar & grill that featured a full sized grizzly....that things shortest claws are as long as my hands! Awesome animals but I believe brown bears are actually the common bear to the mountain regions there.
I don't think I have ever been disappointed in a meal at the Outback.
I just prefer our local Salt Grass for the atmosphere. They have a few separate rooms and an outside dining area. In one of the rooms, there is a fireplace and some western decor (without it being in excess) and the tables are placed in a way that dining can be a more private experience compared to our local Outback's booths and people traffic. The Outback is a popular restaurant! You don't get the crowds by serving bad food! I think the Salt Grass might be a tad bit more expensive too, but it is worth it IMO, at least here in SA.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 08-12-2001).]

Old 08-12-2001, 11:11 PM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-13-2001, 04:18 AM   #17
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

mmmm... outback steak... aaagagaghhh... *realizes hes drooling and closes his mouth* i ate there in OKC, and it was the best steak i ever had! however, i must try this saltglass, if it is boasted to be even better than the outback... however, i dont think they can be beaten in ribs! well, maybe chili's, but its close!
Old 08-15-2001, 04:38 AM   #18
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

OUTBACK ROCKS Love the Bloomin Onion
Funny.... they dont have them in Australia

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 02:19 PM   #19
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

They are excellent aren't they. They have the best stake of any big restaurant like that. The only close contender I can think of is Fridays, and their bar is better too

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-15-2001, 02:23 PM   #20
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
They are excellent aren't they. They have the best stake of any big restaurant like that. The only close contender I can think of is Fridays, and their bar is better too

Which bar is better, Milamber, Friday's or Outback? (I couldn't tell which you meant from your statement.) I like Outback's bar better myself...it's less "yupped" out. At least, around here it is.

------------------