Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2002, 04:07 PM   #1
Zidane
Manshoon

I think I have just made a big boo boo (sorry Minsc...)

Just in case this question might spoil someone's quest

I raced ahead and only half listened to what the diseased people were telling me, so of course my party killed the beastie inside the old temple. Hmmmm.

So of course I haven't got the first part of the rod I came for. And lo and behold I haven't got a save that goes back before I did it. Do I have to either start the game again or just not be able to do the quest or is there another way, or am I just thick and haven't figured out any other way?

Z
Old 01-27-2002, 06:15 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

On to the question. By "Beastie" do you mena "Empathic Manifestation"? If so then after killing it (it is killable, but not by standard means) you will talk to an Avatar of a God. (Which one is kept mysterious, but its not too hard to figure out). He will talk to you a bit, and then give you the first half of the rod. Then you have to go all the way back to the blind priest in the sarcophagus room (you might want to open that sarcophagus BTW, but save first). The bind man will tell you how to get the second part of the rod. And then its into a quite difficult section that I wont go into right now..

the horror, the horror...
Old 01-27-2002, 06:18 PM   #3
Seraph
Quintesson

Pay attention to what the "beastie" says. It'll give you clues on how to kill it. Its not something that you would think of right off the bat w/out having a clue.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:28 PM   #4
Zidane
Manshoon

The 'beastie" was the badly injured creature in the temple. I managed to kill it, searched the altar, got some goodies, then came out and talked to the diseased people. I then walked all the way back across the bridge and spoke to the blind guy by the sarcophagus. No avatar of god has come anywhere near me in all that time. What am I doing wrong? I went back into the old temple twice, and hung around the area a bit - what next?

The 'beastie' already had a red ring around it, so I automatically aimed and fired.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:37 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

The badly injured creature in the temple, whihc is heald by damage and injured by healing? or at least it should be. actualy it has 200% damage resistance and a quest script that makes heal spells kill it.

If you managed to kill it with normal tactics, then that quest script never got started. You went back the sarcophagus room so youll have overwritten your autosave, and most likley your quicksave to. Unless you have a normal save before you fought the Empathic Manifestation your gonna have to either write off this quest, or ShadowKeep the Gvars around. As to what the variables should be, I'll look them up tomorrow. Its late here.

Anyone with a save at the right point in time (immediatley after talking with the avatar) is of course welcome to post them earilier. what is needed is the value of (all)the variables assiciated with the unseeing eye quest. should be easy enough to find.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:06 PM   #6
Lioness
Jack Burton

heh, I've been fighting the beastie...

Anyway, I beat it using weapons before I figured out to try and heal it, and the Avatar appeared. I chatted but didn't get the rod part. I have a save before killing the 'beastie', should I kill him with healing and then talk to the Avatar?

Just making sure I get this right...I'm sick of wandering around aimlessly. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh, btw, welcome to the boards Zidane! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 07:27 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thats weird that u can beat it with weapons... the 1st time I played i sent all the tanx in and was bashing the living Shit out of it and it was doing nothing, natural he was hurting my fellas and when I misaimed a healing spell it killed the bugger [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] I was quite pleased.....

But neway how did u kill it with weapons????

And as soon as u kill the demon the weak avatar should come asking for help...
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote