Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 11:12 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Many of us have run into the issue of trying to get out (and into!) the Stout Mines. The little gomer behind the grill (the one with the drinking problem) keeps letting you in and out until you pass out. A few too many Boogre Brews when the boss wasn't looking, I suspect.

Last night, I came across a foolproof way to bypass the old in-and-out. And I'm just the fool to prove it...

What happens when you click a lever or submit your writ to enter a dungeon? One door closes, and then the other door opens. In between, the new level loads.

Well, after you exit (or enter) the Stout Mines, run through the newly opened door, and you won't be sent back to the other side. I did it several times last night, although the first time I went back in, I ended up with three writs for the price of one.

Makes sense, if you think about it. You're on the wrong side of the door; you can't start in the new level like that, 'cause there's no place to go.

This worked successfully enough for me that I'd recommend it for anyone, anywhere, anytime. YMMV. DSMIHNMA. If a couple of folks can confirm, I'll add it to the Best Tips thread.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 11:14 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bungleau,

Sounds very interesting but I don't quite get the point. Granted, I'm not at my brightest this morning (son is home sick and I'm feeling a bit under myself) but I don't see what you gain by this running through the door.

Want to re-explain the advantage/purpose again?

Thanks, Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

All right, let me try this again.

Consider the room to be an elevator with two doors. One door closes, the elevator moves, and the other door opens.

If you're on the wrong side of the elevator door when he tries to close it, however, he doesn't send you back down to (or back out of) the mines. Somehow, you're beyond the physical range where you can move from level to level.

Even though he says "I'm letting you in/out now", you don't actually go in/out. You get to stay where you are, provided you ran out of the elevator before the door closed again.

Does that make more sense? If not, I'll try it again...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote