Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 07:38 AM   #1
Axl of Darkness
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello Folks

I am replaying IWD2 with my high level party. As I want to multiclass most of the characters.

I have been playing and now in charpter two , I realize that the MAGIC ITEMS awarded are better them the ones awarded when playing the first time.

It happened twice :

When I find a shield in a rack at the palisede the shiel is better them the one on the game.

When the goblin reat is finished I got a MAIL OF LIFE from the Town Chief (forgot his name). I really don't remember this MAIL on the first game.

Any hints about this situation ? Am I right about it ?

Best wishes to all of you

[img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ed
Old 01-24-2003, 08:42 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Yes, items in Heart of Fury mode are a lot more powerful than in normal mode. Sometimes you will just find other, more powerful, stuff than you would find at the same spot in a normal game, other times you will get the same item, but with more powerful bonuses. For example, have you checked out the 'Heart of (whomever)' in the Gallaway Trade depot? It's a very sucky weapon in normal mode, but in Heart of Fury it's called 'Golden Heart of (whomever)', and it's a lot better.

However, about that multiclassing, aren't you a bit late with that? If you've already finished a game in normal mode your characters will be of quite a high level already, and if you multiclass them now, it won't do you a lot of good anymore. Unless I misunderstood and you already multiclassed them at a reasonable level, of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: J'aran ]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:24 PM   #3
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Sorry for being dumb here, but i cant seem for the light of me, find my characters once i finished the game. Must switch to HOF mode then i'd probably find my finished game characters there?
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:19 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

to play HOF mode with your existing characters, go to config and click HOF mode, exit config and after that start the game, click begin new game, click create new characters, click on imports, select your characters name.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:38 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

That information isn't quite correct.

If you want to use the characters who finished normal mode, you have to export them before you can take them on to HOF.

Load up whatever is the most recent save before the end of the game in normal mode. Do each person one at a time. Go through the character's inventory, and remove any bags, including bags of holding (but take out items first so you can sell them in HOF). Certain quest items can't be exported, either. The game will let you know if the character has any. You'll have to dump those, too.

Then export the character. You may want to give him/her a slightly different name, since there is already a first-level char with that name from when you first created your party. It's only a file name; the actual char name isn't affected.

Now, when you start up HOF mode, import the characters and you should be all set.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #6
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Thanks Nightowl2, By the way, is there a relationship towards the sheilds at the bottom of my name with the amount of postings one does in this forum?
Old 01-25-2003, 02:37 AM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

D'oh! Thanks for refreshing my mind Nightowl2.

Dmouse, check the " Rules and Regulation " this may answer your question.
testing : helo kawan. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:18 AM   #8
Axl of Darkness
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Jaram

However, about that multiclassing, aren't you a bit late with that? If you've already finished a game in normal mode your characters will be of quite a high level already, and if you multiclass them now, it won't do you a lot of good anymore. Unless I misunderstood and you already multiclassed them at a reasonable level, of course

Yes , you got right.........Most of the are at 16th level...but I want to get more levels in the new class....
The rogue is a Rogue Ranger now........He will get more HP and more fighting force.
The Cleric will be a Cleric - Druid ........

Is there a CAP ? May I get them to the 30th level ? Or maybe 16 th/14th level ?

I will play it for a 3rd time if necessary.......

Best wishes
Ed
Old 01-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
dragonslayer
Manshoon

the cap is at 30 lvls...I think, haven't got so far in my game yet...but that's what the manual says. So, either 30 lvls in one class or a total of 30 lvls, unlike in 2nd Ed. when u had a max xp cap total, which allowed for characters with alot more lvls.
Old 01-29-2003, 04:09 AM   #10
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Kakero,

Apa Khabar dude, i saw the malay language but i couldnt see where you were from. I saw some other posts earlier on that if your character is lvl 16 figther and you want to multi class him to a monk, it would be a bad idea. So does this mean, its better to multi class in the earlier stages of the game. If so, then i wouldnt be strong enough to battle the monsters and goons that come my way, i always felt that mutli classing weakens the player but once you are at the higher stages, it really kicks ass.

I tried to find the posts where posting changes your icon status to a different one, but still couldnt locate it. Ahhhh never mind.