Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Hmm, it seems my kensai thief will be the utter form of destruction... He has 5 attacks per round, Imp. Hasted that will be 10.. He will use Assassination and be a god... We are talking 100+ damage on each hit in that round... I know of no creature with more than 1000 HP. Of course, the main bosses will have immunity to backstabs, but he can still lay around 25 damage per hit normally. so 250 per round, nothing wills tand for two round then...
Old 08-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Nothing new. What`s your point?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:50 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

A little more polite wouldnt hurt Xen [img]smile.gif[/img]
Not everybody has been around long enough to have read every topic Jim, Alson SoS and Dundee Slaytern ever discussed about anything BG- related ....
Old 08-18-2003, 12:26 PM   #4
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Not everybody has been around long enough to have read every topic Jim, Alson SoS and Dundee Slaytern ever discussed about anything BG- related ....
Maybe those topics should be pinned so new members can read them...They are very well written and discussed though. (But Jim's number crunching makes me confizzled.)
Old 08-18-2003, 12:53 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Sorry. I guess i was little caried away,but it really isn`t something big to me. Sorry if i offensed anyone.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:38 PM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

I know you, so Im fully aware you didnt mean to offend anyone [img]smile.gif[/img]

However, topics like this are what started most of the big discoveries.
Dundee's musings on Archers, what character can attain most physical resistance - Jim's biggest damage from a single blow and his many other threads - Alson's spell reference - SoS's own guide and all the experimenting and comments by all of them ... their curiousity and amazement at certain findings lead to new discoveries.

JrKASperov is doing no different by expressing his amazement at his own realisation of the Kensai/thief's incredible power. If Jim hadnt started his thread a long time ago .. this thread might have started the search for the class/kit that can deal most damage.

So dont judge to harshly, if people post about things you already know.
Its new to them, give them the freedom to express and discuss it [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2003, 02:25 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Correct daan! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] I am a person as you desribe in your post but like I said I was not surprised and forgot about new guys. Kudos goes to:
Jim,Alson,Dundee,Six...
[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Yeah, and amazement it is. I am a BGII veteran, but only with the standard classes. I've never dipped into exquisite dual classes. Now that I do... boy, does it smack around... I nearly fainted that time with the assassin doing 266 damage...
Old 08-18-2003, 03:49 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well as long as you`re happy.

I once played Anti-Paladin->Mage. Uber cheese i tell you.
If you want bigger cheese,Anti-Paladin->Thief.
[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2003, 03:54 PM   #10
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Hmm, it seems my kensai thief will be the utter form of destruction... He has 5 attacks per round, Imp. Hasted that will be 10.. He will use Assassination and be a god... We are talking 100+ damage on each hit in that round... I know of no creature with more than 1000 HP. Of course, the main bosses will have immunity to backstabs, but he can still lay around 25 damage per hit normally. so 250 per round, nothing wills tand for two round then...
Aye, but you forget some enemies have an immunity to backstab

Good character though, keep up the good work [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote